Neighbours guests using my drive without my permission.

Comments

• PhilE
    PhilE Posts: 566 Forumite
    JP1978 wrote: »
    Everything has a finite life - including the tarmac/block paving/flagstones that the driveway is made of. More use it gets, the less time it will last.

I will give testament that its annoying - we share an access drive with two others, as neighbours up the road have used one of the proper turning spaces for their parking - so they don't have to use their own drive, there is limited space to now turn. So where do they all turn? Yes, in our shared drive.

Most people granted do only reverse as far up to the footpath (council owned) and no more, their wheels do not go over. Others, DPD, Asda vans etc, have to reverse all the way into the shared access to turn around. Its annoying as I will have to pay a third of any repairs done to that area.

I can relate, I'd just cleaned and repaired my drive. Repair bills do add up over time.
  • PhilE
    I'm with the original poster on this one. It irritates the hell out of me. Can you put up gates?

Could do, but I like the posts as they 'tuck away,' nicely.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I think I've been on MumsNet too long. My initial thought was "penguin bollards".

:)
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • PhilE
    I'm with the original poster on this one. It irritates the hell out of me. Can you put up gates?

Funny how it offends people to be irritated about strangers using your driveway! Have a look at some of these comments, hilarious....

Bad manners Britain, act like a total c### and get facetious to anyone who gets offended by it.
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    I thought you were going to say they parked on your driveway!

What an overreaction.

My mum parked on a neighbours driveway when she came to visit once because it was snowing and she got confused which house was ours. (Obviously she moved it straight away when she realised.) Glad it wasn't on your driveway- she'd have probably been sent a bill for wear and tear on the tarmac :rotfl:
  • PhilE
    Grenage wrote: »
    Please state your postcode, so at least the forum members can add it to their Rightmove blacklist filter.

So you believe someone who has an issue with strangers using their driveway, should have their property blacklisted.

That is beyond idiotic.
  • PhilE
    sulphate wrote: »
    I thought you were going to say they parked on your driveway!

What an overreaction.

My mum parked on a neighbours driveway when she came to visit once because it was snowing and she got confused which house was ours. (Obviously she moved it straight away when she realised.) Glad it wasn't on your driveway- she'd have probably been sent a bill for wear and tear on the tarmac :rotfl:

Also beyond idiotic. Tell you what, I'll come and reverse up your driveway and see how you like it. Don't over react now. That would make you a hypocrite.
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    PhilE wrote: »
    Also beyond idiotic. Tell you what, I'll come and reverse up your driveway and see how you like it. Don't over react now. That would make you a hypocrite.

Well, now you mention it, someone parked on our driveway the other day! They took a wrong turn and pulled over. I say they parked on our driveway, but their wheels actually only just TOUCHED the tarmac. Talk about trespassing. They were there for about 2 minutes before figuring out where to go and setting off again. How dare they when they could have just carried on using their sat nav while driving? Obviously, I foamed at the mouth before posting all about it on MSE.
  • PhilE wrote: »
    So you believe someone who has an issue with strangers using their driveway, should have their property blacklisted.

That is beyond idiotic.

It's OK Phil, we'd already realised you've no sense of humour, no need to confirm it.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I had some sympathy with Phil when he came here with issues about barking dogs and people kicking footballs against his Mum's fence, but here I think he's just being petty and intolerant.

By all means, stand up to others and even spend money if the problem is genuinely worth fighting about, but here the issue is with random strangers who are gone in seconds.

Perhaps Phil doesn't appreciate that millions of us experience similar kinds of temporary infringements and just shrug our shoulders, mainly because they don't warrant raising our blood pressure.

Also, from pure self-interest, we know it's far better to rub along cheerfully with neighbours, even if they're not the people we'd choose to have next door. Phil recognises that to some extent in his post; he was right not to go 'straight around to the neighbours.'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure