PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Big hugs Mhags.
    p.s. sending you all my peanut butter, any time you want.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Mhags yous day was not RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I will highlight the goodness!
    mhagster wrote: »
    Have been turning the air blue with much foul language today. Feeling very stressed.
    Work...no new lady, I enjoyed work.
    Hot chocolate and sour dough toast & peanut butter at local cafe with a customer I'm friendly with. Her treat which was nice .
    Then home to the madness . Took dog a walk which was nice.
    Dropped DD1 at uni as she had stuff to pick up for taking part in this weekends Melbourne marathon ( doing 6km for her charity ) , went to supermarket to stock up in food for kids. They will not starve if their mother has anything to do with it!
    Went up to their accomodation for the first of many trips, back and forth, back and forth.
    Fridge freezer pulled out and cleaned , out in back porch until tomorrow.
    Some @rse was supposed to pick up a bed. I had specifically said no time wasting and yet again time has been wasted and other people had wanted it. Have just messaged them .
    Friends had said they would pop in at 5pm to collect stuff , they didn't.
    Phoned my sister before phoneline gets cut off at weekend.
    Had curry for tea. Everything is packed so ate out of plastic containers .
    Back up to new house to drop off more stuff.
    Met their housemates who seem nice.
    Load of stuff into recycling charity bin thing.

Missing my husband very much today.
    Think I will be heading to my floor soon. :):)
    Have a good day !
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning from wet, very wet, ICT

Pleasures for last coupladays

1. went into Brum on Wednesday - dinner with OH and DD and then OH and I went to the CBSO. was good and (mostly) stayed awake.
    2. DD and i went to buy paint to do her bedroom. She is going to make a start on clearing the remainder of DS's stuff from it. It was only done 2 years ago so it's a case of slapping paint on walls. The ceiling and gloss will be ok.. the real pleasure is that once she moves in to it, her stuff can be a lot more organised
    3. train to ICT. not too busy and got through some of a methodology textbook, in case i am quizzed on my strategy in my viva in a couple of weeks (transition to PhD viva, DD not the main thing... I am scared :eek:)
    4. out in ICT new posh cafe bar with recently unemployed friend. We had burgers and shared a bottle of wine.
    5. Had crisps for breakfast - cos it was too wet to go and buy food. The supermarket is literally over the road.. :rotfl: (i did later find the porridge and had some of that)

More coast path walking tomorrow, let's hope it dries up
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was planning to stop & chat, but have been paged first to do weather checks then go help rig the church hall as an emergency centre.
    mhagster, it will all happen but I wish you had yet more support.
    kittikins, even the worst week ends, eventually.
    Frith - hallelujah that fiver!
    VJsmum - the very best vivas feel like a conversation with an informed friend (I'm told by one who was on the other side of the table) - may it feel so for you!

OS Pleasures recently

Son doing mindfulness at school, and has been encouraged to enjoy the swings if they help. So the teenager plays serenely on the swing!

51 jars of jam - strong feeling of "all is safely gathered in". Also of my Aching Back being stood all day, but I have learned much! Jam is a gladsome thing & homemade jam from real fruit is a very Good Thing.

"I'm not puffing my chest up, I'm not a robin." Son trying not to fit into a shirt...

Briefing son on how to pay in a cheque. Dear Gods he makes it seem so complex. Still, done, it will be a useful lesson. [As well as useful money, phew.]

"Is he out the bath then?"
    "Oh yeah, that. Don't worry, I'll hold his head under."
    There are times I *wonder* about asking one brother to listen out for another.

Husband saw shooting stars, I peeked out & saw cloud. More later this month, anyway.

Teasing son about his planned scrabble match with the denizens of a local carehome. He needs to brush up his spelling (but another son opines it makes it easier to let them win.)

You know a colleague is making a gruesome journey when the planned route includes a McDonald's and a Costa. He's taking his cold on tour...

There is a massive buzz in seeing/hearing/feeling a pupil "get it". In the first three hours, too.

Took a colleague to Costco & watched his mind melt slightly. I predict Cardiff will have a new member within hours.

Child "scaring" staff at McDonalds with a toy T Rex - very sweet, and staff admirably cooperative. The coffee is not as nice as Waitrose' brew, but I need the coherence.

Husband found Rohans in youngest's size in a cs - lad can now wear trousers at 4 different lengths & is complaining of too much choice, (so has been told to do the washing up).

All health, strength & weatherpoofing, with bonus rations of love & courage to whomever feels it might be handy.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 I pre-did the work I had booked to do today to be able to take it a bit easy and spend some time tidying. I’m glad I did, we had yellow sticker croissants for brekkie, so good the animals were assisting!
    2 Clothes washing is done and put away, house washing well at least started, our bed washing done but hanging around, cleaned the animal bedding, hoovered upstairs, and had to re blumin cook up the jelly which didn’t set, not so much fun when quite frankly it doesn’t work.
    3 Chicken and pasta was dinner.
    4 I’ve just cleaned up the kitchen and floors, and measured and chopped up the fruit for the Christmas cake, which is now soaking in brandy overnight.
    5 Caught up with DB before he heads to the US to visit his son, and see it in the fall.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Keep going, Mhags!

Pleasures for today (Friday).

1) INSET day at school so a LIE IN!!! No 6.40am start.

2) Hens well and 1 egg.

3) Went to Worcester and had a hot chocolate each on Caf! Afloat. Sons suitably impressed with having a drink on a barge.

4) Walked up to where the canal reaches the river to find geocache number 500. :-)

5) Had a quick look round the town.

6) Stopped at the millennium green on the way home to eat our sandwiches - the same one they liked as little children.

7) Smaller son and I were nearly falling over laughing as one of his friends on FB was sending everyone quizzes as to "how autistic are you?" and smaller son was making up replies such as "Ooo, a test I'll do particularly well in!"

8) Bigger son went to work and I took smaller son to football practice.

9) Watched Gogglebox and the Last Leg.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning,

Yesterday....

1. Did not have to speak to the inspectors.

2. Was not with my gardening group, but went over to visit them for lunch. They had done an amazing amount of work!

3. Wandered around my favourite ASDA on the way home. Got some good woopsies.

4. Friday night curry, as ready meal box was half price.

5. Watched a film, Jackie O. Was she a very shallow debutante or a visionary? Hmmmm......

Enjoy the warm weekend. :)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Unpasteurised and good for you

Not sure can agree with unpasteurised bit after deadly outbreaks of food poisoning from raw milk recently

Pleasures for last few days

1. gravel delivered £151, delivery fee waived so saved £5 and DF and DS barrowed it onto the membrane we laid on Tuesday in the alley at the rear of my house. DM was shovelling into barrows at the front for them and I was raking it out at the back. Cheapest quote was £500 to get someone to deliver and lay it for me so a good saving. It poured with rain in the afternoon so I am glad we got finished by lunchtime.

2. lovely sunny day on Thursday. Took DP's out for lunch they had 3 course over 60's lunch for £5.99 and I had fish and chips £6 so total cost under £18

3. After lunch we went for a stroll on the common and picked some sloes for DP's to take home to make sloe gin.

4. Friday was dull and grey, helped DP's to fill in their power of attorney forms and get some quotes for gas & elec as their fix is coming to an end soon

5. DM has been doing the cooking all week which has been lovely. Home made soup for lunch yesterday and roast chicken for dinner with chips, peas and lashings of gravy :p Looking forward to my mums roast dinner on Sunday. :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Some friends came for coffee. Good chat and laughter. A friend brought her granddaughter who was so funny and remembered all our names.

2. Sowed some seeds getting ready for next year in the garden.

3. Chat with my neighbour. Offered help as he has broken his foot. The little girl was talkative and I think I was given every one of her toys. She can be shy on some days.

4. Flowers from the garden in vases.

5. Chat with my sister in the phone.

6. Watching rugby with a glass of wine.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Positive thoughts are with Mhags

Friday pleasures,

Went through the whole house, pleasure was sitting down afterwards in a clean home!

Freezer dived and found a couple of cheese scones to scoff for lunch.

Big old dog feeling better as found her in the garden, sunbathing belly up, in the grass.

Might have opened something cold and fizzy to herald the start of the weekend.

Mastermind and Only Connect so little grey cells exercised.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback