IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart parking ,DRP charge, SHOCK

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 8:45PM
    Options
    geoff1057 wrote: »
    Gosh ,after total shock and mad panic after receiving a letter from a debt recovery service, i now feel much better , much calmer and at ease after reading all your helpful comments and advice. I will keep updating you on any other letters or phone calls that i receive. Big thanks to you all. Emma.

No problem, we've seen this all before and it is nothing to worry about as long as you now receive all letters to check Smart don't get litigious (even then we help with defences that win).

EDIT - 2020 - SMART PARKING DO TRY SOME CLAIMS - BUT WE WIN!

IF YOU HAVE A COURT CLAIM, GO TO THE TOP OF THE FORUM, READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND FIND THE 2020 TEMPLATE DEFENCE
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • geoff1057
    geoff1057 Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 April 2017 at 8:21PM
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    @OP. I notice you didn't respond to my post #10.
    Sorry for that Umkomaas, i have posted my change of address and log book to DVLA today.Driving licence is ok sorted that a couple of weeks ago .Thank you all again , Em .
  • geoff1057
    Options
    Hello again ,sorry for being a pain . I havnt yet said in any of my posts that this parking incident happened at a water attraction in Staffordshire, but just looking on Tripadvisor iam totally SHOCKED at the amount of complaints, and that PCNs that are issued to nearly everyone who parks there ,regardless wether they have paid , paid more than they should have or what. Reviews say complaints to the company are just ignored and even laughed off by staff . The place was a dump when i went there , with dirty changing rooms , broken lockers and very rude staff , the whole place was a rip off , and a £3 parking charge . Then a PCN........ thinking of a letter to the local newspaper , about how they rip off their customers....... ANGRY .. thanks again Emma
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 April 2017 at 9:35AM
    Options
    Hello again ,sorry for being a pain . I havnt yet said in any of my posts that this parking incident happened at a water attraction in Staffordshire, but just looking on Tripadvisor iam totally SHOCKED at the amount of complaints, and that PCNs that are issued to nearly everyone who parks there ,regardless wether they have paid , paid more than they should have or what. Reviews say complaints to the company are just ignored and even laughed off by staff . The place was a dump when i went there , with dirty changing rooms , broken lockers and very rude staff , the whole place was a rip off , and a £3 parking charge . Then a PCN........ thinking of a letter to the local newspaper , about how they rip off their customers....... ANGRY .. thanks again Emma

It's all a huge scam which is government approved

Yes, go to the press, add your own comments to trip advisor and the water attractions facebook page.
    Cause as much damage as you can ... you are in charge

Mrs May knows all about this scam but does nothing. a letter to her would be suitable. Get your MP involved
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    It's all a huge scam which is government approved

Yes, go to the press, add your own comments to trip advisor and the water attractions facebook page.
    Cause as much damage as you can ... you are in charge

Mrs May knows all about this scam but does nothing. a letter to her would be suitable. Get your MP involved

Absolutely, plus Andrew Jones MP. This disgusting unregulated scam industry needs to be highlighted to the people who are supposed to looking after the public.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • geoff1057
    Options
    YES agree total Scam , £3 parking fee for upto 8hrs, plus first hour free = 9 hours . Opening times 10am -4pm PCN for overstayed paid time ?
    and WATERWORLD do nothing about it .
  • beamerguy
    Options
    YES agree total Scam , £3 parking fee for upto 8hrs, plus first hour free = 9 hours . Opening times 10am -4pm PCN for overstayed paid time ?
    and WATERWORLD do nothing about it .

Maybe Waterworld take a share, parking companies do pay commissions ......

The question can be posed on Trip Advisor

It's amazing how such things are spread by word and mouth alone
  • geoff1057
    Options
    Have emailed Waterworld ,interested to see their reply .
    Local newspaper say they are interested in my story and have asked me to give them a ring for a chat.
  • beamerguy
    edited 6 April 2017 at 6:54PM
    Options
    Have emailed Waterworld ,interested to see their reply .
    Local newspaper say they are interested in my story and have asked me to give them a ring for a chat.

Good, when you speak to the newspaper, please impress on them the scam that is going on.
    Be pre warned, they will want your picture

A good story will be picked up by the national press and if it gets into the Daily Mail, Water World will struggle

Do tell your MP that you are reporting this to the press.
    Puts some pressure on the MP to join in

Your probably know that some MP's have cloth ears and not much between their ears anyway
  • geoff1057
    Options
    Had a reply from Waterword , given email address to email a director ,and he will sort the problem out with Smart Parking. Will do this tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure