Balancing not just the budget

Comments

• Sometimes it happens that way. Everything at the same time. It will ease eventually. Good luck with the interview :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Sometimes it happens that way. Everything at the same time. It will ease eventually. Good luck with the interview :)

Thanks DIA - much appreciated as I want all the luck I can get with this! :)

You are absolutely right - the end of last year was a kind of fallow time with little going on, and now things are moving, but the pace will change again. Also, I was just saying to a friend that I'm finally realising it's not the number of things you have going on, but whether you enjoy them or stress over them that makes the difference. I officially decided I don't care about a couple of the work related bits, they are much lower priority than my personal goals and so even though I'm not doing those things as well as I could - that's absolutely right.

As we said, if it doesn't support my real goals it doesn't get any* of my time :D

Rosa xx

*exceptions are allowed where minimal time may be required in order to not get fired
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    I'm thinking that I want to sort out doing some exercise now that life is calming down a bit

And healthy eating?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD wrote: »
    And healthy eating?

Maybe even healthy eating not pre-calculated by Messrs Marks and Spencer...
  • ZTD
    Maybe even healthy eating not pre-calculated by Messrs Marks and Spencer...

You can't believe a ready meal when they say they're healthy. Descriptions like that are about as believable as dating profiles...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,868
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ZTD wrote: »
    You can't believe a ready meal when they say they're healthy. Descriptions like that are about as believable as dating profiles...

Now you're exaggerating. I can see ready meals on the shelf and exactly what's there through the plastic just by shifting the outer layer. I don't necessarily want dating profile photos without outer layers...
  • ZTD
    Now you're exaggerating. I can see ready meals on the shelf and exactly what's there through the plastic just by shifting the outer layer.

Sing it with me: Mystery, mystery, mystery meat! :dance:
    Mystery, mystery, mystery meat! :dance:
    I don't necessarily want profile photos without outer layers...

Is that what you focus on? The photos? :eek:

:rotfl::rotfl:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,868
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ZTD wrote: »
    Is that what you focus on? The photos? :eek: :rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl:I immediately discount any profiles which have photos with inappropriate lack of layers, yes...
  • ZTD
    :rotfl:I immediately discount any profiles which have photos with inappropriate lack of layers, yes...

It could always be worse.

And I am thinking Borat here of course... :eek::eek::eek:

So what interests you in a profile?
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • I spat tea over my laptop at the point of 'mystery meat' :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport