Skip left on my property

Comments

• pimento wrote: »
    An empty skip is easily dragged. Might take two people but that's often how they get the skip into position when it's left.

But this skip isn't empty.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Since this thread appears to be one where silly ideas thrive, how about the OP buys his own skip lorry to remove the skip from his driveway and deposit it on the builder's own garden?

Auto Trader have a good selection of adverts, my favourite being a nice blue DAF LF FA LF 55.220 at a bargain £8,750 +VAT. It even comes with electric windows and CD Stereo :)

(Might be an idea to budget for a waste carriers licence too, just in case you get pulled over) ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2017 at 10:27AM
    But this skip isn't empty.

Quite. That's why my suggestion was to put the contents into your own skip and when the rogue skip is empty *then* place it onto the road.

ETA: Just realised that you didn't read the bit I quoted, just the bit I added on page 2.

For the avoidance of doubt:

1. Order your own skip.
    2. Transfer the contents to your own skip.
    3. Drag the now empty rogue skip off your property.
    4. Call the council.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
    Quite. That's why my suggestion was to put the contents into your own skip and when the rogue skip is empty *then* place it onto the road.

ETA: Just realised that you didn't read the bit I quoted, just the bit I added on page 2.

For the avoidance of doubt:

1. Order your own skip.
    2. Transfer the contents to your own skip.
    3. Drag the now empty rogue skip off your property.
    4. Call the council.

You need to call the council first for a permit and don't forget to buy some lights and cones.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    You need to call the council first for a permit and don't forget to buy some lights and cones.

TBH I don't think in Sillyland it is necessary to get the permit and comply with the regulations/conditions ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • pimento

The idea is that it isn't your skip, you didn't order it, you haven't paid for it, it contains nothing of yours, ergo you don't require a permit or lights.

The skip company however.... They might be in a bit of bother.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • pimento
    EachPenny wrote: »
    TBH I don't think in Sillyland it is necessary to get the permit and comply with the regulations/conditions ;)

I think my idea is going right over your and Warwick's head. Whoosh!
    I think my idea is going right over your and Warwick's head. Whoosh!

It hasn't, it's just been filed with the other stupid ones.
  • pimento
    It hasn't, it's just been filed with the other stupid ones.

Do you have any sensible ones? You've loads of reasons why the silly suggestions won't work, let's have your solution.

What would *you* do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure