PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,059
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Beef & mushroom stew, mash carrots
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,395
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Have been reading what everyone has had for dinner over the past couple of days, all sounds so yummy. I wish that I lived in some of your houses.
    Tonight had hm prawn and mushroom pasta sauce but had with courgette instead of pasta.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Hi
    Was out for lunch today, so just had jam and cheese sandwich for supper...
    Dropped the rest of the dahl with my son, and froze 8 portions of celery and rice soup, leaving 2 in the fridge! A big batch added to the soup battalion in the freezer. (I'll never get it defrosted in my lifetime!!)
    Tomorrow will be new potatoes cooked in the oven with a bit of cod and parsley, in a dauphinoise style. With some kale. Hopeful.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,486
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Cottage pie has been requested here, I will make a baby one for me with cauliflower mash

Payday is in sight and the freezer is looking remarkably empty..... a bulk meat stock up is needed
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • A treat for lunch today as we're going to our favourite Vegan restaurant and the food they serve is the best of any restaurant I know of, it's all delicious. Supper this evening will be some home made Minestrone Soup with a spoon of pesto in the top for extra flavour and a fat free 99 calorie yoghurt if we want it. Cup of black coffee to end with too.
  • HM carrot, lentil, sweet potato, coriander and coconut soup for lunch, with a chicken roll each.

Two more chicken dishes tonight - chicken and veg hoisin and garlic stir fry (sachet of sauce) and a chicken and mushroom chow mein, together with some prawn crackers and sweet chilli dip.

The last of the chicken, a leg and some breast meat, will go into the freezer to make noodle soup another day.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Last night was roast chicken and all the trimmings, plenty of chicken left over which mum will have tonight

Cos me and he are eating out. We are going to £3 cinema to watch The Darkest Hour, then onto a resturaunt we have been to before that is having a half price sale. 2 course for £6

Not the flashiest or extensive of menus, but it's a nice lively place and at those prices cheaper then McDonald's :)
  • I have a box of cherry toms to use up so I'm making a very easy pasta sauce and I'm going to buy some wholemeal spaghetti today.

I will buy some fresh bread too to make garlic bread and also have a salad.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,023
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Lunch today is some Moroccan-spiced cauliflower soup (made with the stalks/trimmings from Sunday's cauliflower cheese), and for supper tonight I'm turning some of the leftover roast chicken meat into a couple of cheesy chicken and refried bean quesadillas.
  • Sausage meat and philadelphia lasagna... recipe from The Telegraph website which I've never tried before so fingers crossed!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback