Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• binaryuniverse
    Options
    Switch complete. All fine. Both DDs are showing on my account, if I login to my account via my browser. They don't show if I check the app.

Will leave it a day, before transferring the first lot of money over.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    As far as I know our switches completed today, both M&S accounts closed and not accessible. Unfortunately we can't access the YB accounts to check fully though!

Having started the process in branch, we then started registration for online banking and awaited our activation codes, they came, we tried to complete that activation this evening only to find it won't work because neither of us registered for telephone banking (as we never use it) and you need to have done so to get a 4 letter code that also has to be input to activate the internet banking.

Rang CS, they said that it shouldn't be possible to do one without the other, but they could see it had happened, so we have to ring tomorrow (system shutting at midnight) and get TB set up, and new access codes texted to us. What a palaver!
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,969 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    richy4 wrote: »
    Can the £1000 be paid into the account from any other account ie not in your name?

I'm short on cash this month so I have asked my parents to lend me £1000 cash which they have paid directly into my account.

I intend they will do the same for the 2nd £1000 next month and then once this qualifies and they pay up the £250 I'll return the overall £2000 to my parents...

You could hokey kokey £500 if you'd got it & not bother the parents... in, out, back in & back out = £1000 credited..
    Or £250 x 4 etc
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I wonder how much they budgeted for this.... I'm going to assume, as a very conservative estimate, at least 2000 people took them up on their offer.... and will qualify for payment... that's £500k

In one of their recent trading updates they were going on about hoping to pay a dividend to shareholders. I'm sure all the corporate shareholders will be absolutely delighted this offer has been setup :rotfl:

Definitely keeping a lookout for the next trading update to see how many new current account applications they boast of, and if they quantify this cost!!!

My switch appears to have gone through fine, although I previously had a basic account with them (and now have 2 x basic accounts with them!). Their mobile app is a bit dodgy - e.g transfer £1,000 away in the morning (gone through fine). Login later that day to transfer another £1,000 away and it says it's done. Go to other bank.... only £1,000 has come through. Go back to YB, and it's not done afterall (but at least the money hasn't disappeared as some have mentioned!!).

I think it struggles with 2 x identical transactions on the same day (as transactions are listed as 'pending' until the next day, even though the money is long gone)?? Or I hit the daily limit and it can't work out how to tell me, so gives a success message?!? :eek:
  • bluehydrangeas
    Options
    Is there a phone number for the Yorkshire Bank switching team? I can't seem to find it on the website.
  • The_weedie
    Options
    0800 456 1 247

Just the general number, when you get through just ask them about switching they'll be happy to deal with you.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Interesting thing I was told yesterday when I needed to phone (I will just check it again) that:
    after the first 2 x 30 days, (when you get the nice little bonus if you have fulfilled the t&cs, )you can then keep the account open without the £1k per month and without the DDs.
    That would make it a prime candidate as a 'donor' and also help with the shrinking DDs these days.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    As far as I know our switches completed today, both M&S accounts closed and not accessible. Unfortunately we can't access the YB accounts to check fully though!

Having started the process in branch, we then started registration for online banking and awaited our activation codes, they came, we tried to complete that activation this evening only to find it won't work because neither of us registered for telephone banking (as we never use it) and you need to have done so to get a 4 letter code that also has to be input to activate the internet banking.

Rang CS, they said that it shouldn't be possible to do one without the other, but they could see it had happened, so we have to ring tomorrow (system shutting at midnight) and get TB set up, and new access codes texted to us. What a palaver!

What a palaver indeed!

So I rang this morning and the CS rep was less helpful this time. She told me as I didn't have a mobile number registered she couldn't send any text messages to me and no, she couldn't add that information, so I'd have to wait for the postal bit to arrive, she also failed me on security as I couldn't tell her the EXACT amount of a recent transaction (due to an unknown interest amount being added to the switched funds by M&S), my request for a supervisor brought a period of silence then the same girl asked me a question about a Standing Order which passed security. Hmmm.

Rang back later and assisted my wife, we got a very helpful male CS person this time who managed to assist with everything, added both mobile number and email address, generated codes, stayed with us while we set matters up, and then even helped me sort mine out on the phone as well!

It's done now, just waiting for the tokens to arrive. All our DDs and SOs seem to have migrated okay although the payee lists are short of some names, but that was expected because of the internet banking registration not completing before the switch.

Overall not impressed so far.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Interesting thing I was told yesterday when I needed to phone (I will just check it again) that:
    after the first 2 x 30 days, (when you get the nice little bonus if you have fulfilled the t&cs, )you can then keep the account open without the £1k per month and without the DDs.
    That would make it a prime candidate as a 'donor' and also help with the shrinking DDs these days.

The £1k/month & DDs are only for the £250 switching incentive so no need for them after pocketing the cash. I think there will be many that will then ditch & use as a donor a/c (retaining 2 x Tesco DDs & switching again before April:)).
  • binaryuniverse
    Options
    Credited the first lot of cash. There definitely is something a bit strange going on with their systems. I did my usual of testing a £1 payment, before sending the rest over. But, although the total balance is correct, only the second transaction is showing in my live statement. This is the case with the browser version and Android app.

However, given the balance is correct, I'm sure their internal systems have all the transactional data, but the way they present that data is a bit buggy; which doesn't exactly fill you with confidence, when dealing with a bank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure