Disco Dolly V's Debt

Comments

• Morning DFW's,

Happy Friday to you all :D!

Well its payday finally and I have just made all my debt payments and updated my signature! I have finally reached the 25% mark and now have over €5500 paid off my debt, I am thrilled :j! I feel like I have come a long way since this time last year and my lightbulb moment. I have been slowly breaking bad money habits and hope never to fall back into this situation again. I still have a long way to go but really feel like I can do it now, its like I have finally took my head out of the sand and grew up a lot! I am a year into my journey now, it was this paycheque last year that I started tackling my overdraft, the year has just flown by.

I am delighted to get the Credit Card 2 under €3000, it hasnt been this low in like forever, I cant actually remember when it was. The card is cut up and I so want to get rid of it and close the account. I would love to do that this year but its more than likely going to be next year before its finally gone :o.

DD is going to her dads house for the weekend, I dropped her off at minders this morning for school and he will collect her so I wont see her until Sunday evening. I miss her loads when she is gone but she has a great relationship with her dad and his family so I know she is happy, so thats the main thing. I am going to take the opportunity to tackle the kitchen, the last room in my declutter buzz. I keep putting it off but determined to get it sorted this weekend, this will mean I have done a full declutter and spring clean over the month of January. And cleaning/decluttering will keep my busy and stop me spending money over the weekend :rotfl:

The weather has picked up here, yesterday was very snowy but today its practically tropical, irish weather LOL

Hope you all have a lovely Friday and a lovely weekend!
    LBM Jan 2014: €21,746.34
    Total Dec 2017: €0.00
    (Debt Free 29th Dec 2017)
  • Hi DFW's,

Today is Groundhog Day and it sure feels like it today, I hate Mondays, I spend every Monday doing the same weekly reports. I think I need more coffee this morning :mad:

Well my kitchen decluttering started well yesterday but then a friend called unexpectedly and we ended up going out to lunch so my decluttering fell by the wayside, oops! I really should have done it on Saturday but had a PJ day instead as I was feeling sorry for myself as I have a headcold. I did make a start though before my friend called so I will try to finish it during the evenings this week. The thoughts of it is actually worse than the task itself. I have loads of unused stuff that I want to get rid of and finally have an organized kitchen. I made some headway into boxes of stuff that I was moving round the house during decluttering other rooms and have finally gone through them and found homes for some stuff and got rid of other stuff. Its amazing how much stuff accumulates over a few years with just myself and DD in the house. On the plus side the rest of the house is still really organized and it was so easy to clean this weekend. I love everything having its own place and no clutter, maybe myself and DD are reformed characters, we are practically OCD at the moment, everywhere has stayed so tidy :D

DD had a great weekend with her dad but delighted she is back home with me. We had a lovely movie night last night tucked up in bed with the iPad, we are addicted to MovieBox at the moment, its great. We watched "Into the Woods", its really good, would recommend it.

I got an unexpected €50 from craft stuff we sold at Xmas in a friends shop so I cant decide whether to treat myself to something nice or pay it off debt. I am going to wait until the weekend to decide. Another plus was I filled my car this week with petrol as I am driving in our car pool this week and it was €15 less than usual as the price of petrol has come way way down. So I am €65 plus in my budget, makes me so happy, its the little things! On the flip side DD has bartered with me for pocket money, she has never really asked for it before but we decided on €5 per week for a few set chores with the agreement that she uses her own money from now on and doesnt badger me in shops LOL, we will see how that goes!

I also ordered Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project" book last week from the Book Depositary site and I am just waiting on it to arrive. Loads of people I know have raved about it so decided to treat myself to a copy. I am really looking forward to reading it, hope it arrives soon.

Hope you all have a lovely Monday, roll on 5pm ;)
  • Cheered up a lot since earlier and no need for coffee, I've discovered a 60's hits playlist on youtube and I love it. Its really making my day better. I've always loved 60's music, I think I was born in the wrong era!

Listening to "Monday Monday" by The Mamas & Papas - how apt LOL
  • Hi All,

The day is really dragging at work, I have loads to do but cant seem to get motivated. I must look for a youtube playlist and see if that helps. I really need to get 2 things done this afternoon to stay on track for deadlines this week and I havent started either of them yet, eek!

I paid my mortgage today and most of my bills that come out of this wages are paid, I have only one direct debit left which should come out tomorrow. However, I got my gas bill this morning and its slightly bigger than I expected so I guess that is where my €50 bonus cash will be going, easy come, easy go :(! Ah well, it would be worse if I didnt have it. I dont pay the gas bill direct debit, I just pay it off in little chunks before the next one comes in but like to get it out of the way as quickly as possible as I dont like it hanging over me. Electricity bill is due in too but I am in a little credit on that account so hopefully that one wont be too bad.

I have been looking at my budget spreadsheet and have extended it out to the end of the year with all incomings and outgoings and I think (fingers crossed!) I can increase my debt payments slightly on some paydays over the next few months. Hopefully I can do this and bring my debt free date a little bit closer. I am due a payrise and bonus in March so that will help too :j

On the decluttering front I tackled a big mountain of paperwork that I have gathered up from every drawer and box in the house, I literaly had stuff everywhere (no sense or reason to it at all) but as I was decluttering the rest of the house it has all ended up together in one big box of dread that has been sittting on my kitchen table! So last night I finally went through it all and binned a lot of stuff and have another pile that I need to shred. The rest is semi organised, I just need to invest in a few more folders to have it right. I also got through 2 presses in the kitchen last night. I am determined to have it all done by the end of this week. Its tough getting the time though when I work full-time and have DD too, but I am getting there. I am feeling very accomplished, like a proper Little Miss Organised lately :D. DD is being very helpful lately since we had the pocket money chat, its actually very funny.

Better get back to work now, trying to find motivation here!!
  • Afternoon All,

The Electricity bill arrived today and its also slightly bigger than I expected :mad: So I have to try to clear both gas and electricity before end of the month, not sure how possible that is but I'll give it a go. I have a little bit extra this fortnight than normal so hopefully I'll be able to put it off these bills, all direct debits are paid and I only need to pay petrol and a few groceries before I get paid again next Friday.

After that, I really need to start saving properly, I haven't put anything in savings account since Xmas and I am meant to be doing the 52 week savings plan :eek: I have loads of family events coming up this year, big birthdays and celebrations and DD is starting secondary school in September so I really need to get on top of saving as I dont want to have to use credit of any sort this year.

My "Happiness Project" book hasnt arrived yet either, its takes ages for Book Depositary to ship to Ireland. Hopefully it will arrive by the weekend, I am really looking forward to reading it. :D

Work is going well today, I am getting loads done. Its hump day, once this day is over I find the weekend just flies in. Roll on Friday 5pm!!!

Hope you all have a happy Wednesday!
  • Woohoo to getting past Wednesday.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Happy Friday 13th DFW's!

Its payday and I have just made all my payments and updated my signature! My new debt total is €16028.72, I am debating looking for another €29 to pay off debt just to bring my total below 16K, have to recheck the budget to see where I can pull it from, not sure its possible though! :o

Hope you all have a nice Friday, mental busy here in work so this is very short post, hope to check in later though :D
  • Happy Friday DFW's,

Oops, I haven't updated this in 2 weeks, I seem to only remember it when I get paid and make payments off debt. I will try harder to get into updating it more regularly.

Today is payday again and I have just made my debt repayments this morning. I am finally below the €16,000 debt mark (its a mental thing I think but every time it falls down to another 1,000 figure it feels fantastic!). I now have 28% paid off my overall debt total and I have nearly paid of €6,000 worth of debt, I just need to pay €8.21 to make that 6k figure, I'll definitely do that this fortnight. I am due money later on this week from something else so hope to pay another €100 off credit card 1 early next week. I am really happy with my progress so far, almost 13 months in now and nearly a third of the way there, not too shabby :D I just love updating the signature and seeing that figure go down.

My next pay cheque in a fortnight's time is when I will receive my yearly bonus, I had originally intended to pay this off my debt total but I have secondary school book bill coming up for DD and also her confirmation so my bonus will most likely go into savings fund for both of these. At least if these 2 bills are out of the way I can put anything after that off debt, it just takes the pressure off a bit to have a bit in savings.

I hope you all have a lovely Friday, its cold here in Dublin but at least the sun is shining!

:j
  • Disco_Dolly
    Disco_Dolly Posts: 196 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Happy Friday DFW's :D

I have had a busy week, I seem to have a meeting on after work for something or other every evening this week, thank God its Friday, I am really looking forward to a lazy Saturday.

I have paid another €100 off credit card so finally over the €6k payment mark, I now have €6062.40 paid off debt, only €15683.94 to go :eek:

I am still trying to decide whether to pay my bonus into savings to cover upcoming bills or to pay it off debt to see the figure going down. I should have it in my next pay cheque so have to decide soon, leaning towards savings for peace of mind. That way I free up future cash for debt as those upcoming bills will be sorted in advance. Decisions decisions! If only I could print money, I so want this debt lark to be over with already.

Anyway hope you all have a nice weekend :j
  • What about sharing it across the two?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure