Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
  • anguk
    Is this the best the ConDems can come up with....!

Surely national Govt. has better things to do than pander to all the lazy gits in society who can't be bother to look for a better deal in EVERY aspect of life
    Originally posted by jeepjunkie
    More spoon feeding from the yellow stains in the coalition.
    What's next, legislating for all checkout operators to advise you you could have bought a cheaper brand?
    All this means in addition to the fuel surcharge so the middle classes can stick ecobling on their roofs, prices will rise as the can't be bothered brigade get cheaper bills.
    Originally posted by penrhyn
    That's a bit unfair, not everyone has access to the internet or can use the comparison websites to find the best deal for them. Many pensioners for example just stick with the same old British Gas standard quarterly bill because it's what they've always done and they don't know how to go about finding cheaper deals.

It's easy for us on a Money Saving website to say everyone should find the cheaper deals themselves but not everyone is able to do that.

That said this latest government "initiative" is nothing more than a sticky plaster on a jugular wound. They'd be much better looking at why energy prices are so high and the energy companies are making such vast profits. And they should simplify tariffs, I'm sure many people just stick with the same supplier because it's so damned difficult to work out who is cheapest for them.
    Last edited by anguk; 15-04-2012 at 6:01 PM.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • penrhyn
    What is unfair is free prescriptions in Wales and Scotland when the English have to pay for theirs.
    Free University education in Scotland whilst the English have to pay.
    Withdrawal of index linked savings certificates which gave pensioners a modest hedge against inflation.
    Removal of the age related income tax allowance.

By comparison this publicity stunt is beyond the pale.

Did I mention the 50 pence tax rate reduction.

Now breath!!
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • searcher1
    I thought it amusing seeing one of the companies telling people on their TV ad that they'll advise you the cheapest tarrif. Ahem, I thought they had to now show you all their tarrifs anyhow.
    M
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,440Posts Today

8,966Users online

Martin's Twitter