Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    4ze
    how to withdraw cash from a overseas bank account
    • 22nd Feb 13, 7:39 PM
    how to withdraw cash from a overseas bank account 22nd Feb 13 at 7:39 PM
    Hi all,

long time lurker first time poster.

I did have a good search and i'm not sure if this is the best place to post my question/discussion so Mods, please feel free to re-direct me, thanks.

please try to bear with me. i will try to make my story as simple as possible.

basically i was previously living and working in Kenya in 2011 for 6 months. i left at christmas time thinking i would have my job to go back to but turns out i didnt. because of this i didn't withdraw the cash in my bank account before i left (approx 1000 plus worth)

i left my bank card with a trusted friend and the pincode thinking that, if need be, he could withdraw it and transfer the cash to me. unfortunately this isn't working (not sure why? wrong pin number possibly)

does anyone know of the best way in which i can get the money from my account. my friend can take a picture of my card and send to me so i have all the details.

would anyone be aware of any rules on inactive accounts and claiming my money or is this bank and country specific information?

one idea i had was to transfer the funds to paypal. i'm not sure if this would work though as in the past i remember they had to send a code on my bank statement to add the card to my paypal account.

another idea might be to just keep ordering things on the internet until the balance goes? i would rather have the cash though.

if i cant get to this money i think i might have to take a trip back to kenya and withdraw the cash in person. basically it should cover the cost of my flight and trip but would rather spend my holiday elsewhere and keep the cash

all thoughts and idea are most welcome.
    thanks for reading
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,196Posts Today

6,112Users online

Martin's Twitter