Free kits from Anglian Water

sparrer
sparrer Posts: 7,547
Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
Forumite
edited 20 March 2012 at 8:10PM in Freebies (no spend required)
MoneySavingExpert.com Official Insert:

Anglian Water customers can fill in their details on Anglian Water's site to get a free Garden Water Saving Kit. The kit includes a packet of water storing crystals and water storing mats.

See the Water Bills and Home and Energy Grants guides for more water saving freebies.

Thanks to forumite sparrer for originally posting the info.

Back to their original post....

Just scoured the Anglian Water website and come up with the following re the forthcoming hosepipe ban -

What am I still allowed to do?
  • Use a hosepipe in a garden or for cleaning walls or windows of domestic premises, paths or patios, a private leisure boat or an artificial outdoor surface, where such use is necessary for health and safety reasons;
  • Use a hosepipe in the course of a business to clean a private motor vehicle, or for cleaning walls or windows of domestic premises, paths or patios or an artificial outdoor surface, where this is done as a service to customers
  • Use a hosepipe to water a garden attached to a domestic dwelling or to water plants on domestic premises by people with severe mobility problems or who hold a current Blue Badge issued by their local authority. (Don't think many know this, it'll be very useful for a lot of us who can't carry cans and buckets)
  • Use a hosepipe to water an area of grass or an artificial outdoor surface used for playing sport or recreation (but not for any ancillary use), where this is required in connection with a national or international sports event only.
  • Use of drip or trickle irrigation watering systems fitted with a pressure reducing valve and a timer, that are not handheld and which place water by drip directly onto the soil surface or beneath the soil surface, without any surface run off or dispersion of water through the air using a jet or mist.
They're also offering free kits for the garden -

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/6B6018CA4E484937A74FC6F0F65A31D4.aspx

and for the house, fitted free of charge by their own plumbers -

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/environment/using-water-wisely/we-products/

Hope the links work, I don't have a lot of faith in my techie efforts!

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]

Comments

• You need to be a Anglian water customer to get these offers as you have to enter your account number.
    CashBack earned to date - £1244-58
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    You need to be a Anglian water customer to get these offers as you have to enter your account number.

Sorry I forgot to mention that you should be a customer, but you don't need to enter an account number as it says, above the box, 'Customer Account Number optional'. I didn't put mine in because I couldn't be bothered to go upstairs and find the bill. hth
  • sparrer wrote: »
    Sorry I forgot to mention that you should be a customer, but you don't need to enter an account number as it says, above the box, 'Customer Account Number optional'. I didn't put mine in because I couldn't be bothered to go upstairs and find the bill. hth

Should be fine as long as you are on there database as a customer i should think
    CashBack earned to date - £1244-58
  • Col67
    Col67 Posts: 177 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2012 at 4:45PM
    Just ordered the gardening kit. My bill landed with a thud this morning so no problem with my account number! Many thanks.
  • Sheahaven
    Sheahaven Posts: 75
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks.
    Um.. I did it and the form went through (I'm in Yorkshire). :o

..and I've checked my local supplier and they're only still doing the showersave and fat traps.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks Op, it said i've successfully applied, hope they don't realise i'm up here in Liverpool.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • pinkclouds
    pinkclouds Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    Thanks, OP. Have gone through the website and ordered every freebie that looks useful! ;)
  • paadzer
    paadzer Posts: 1,845
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks but not with Anglian Water even though I live in Cambridge!
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I had their plumber visit. He left me a hose attachment (so you don't leave the hose running,not that you're allowed to use it anymore!) but also adapted both loos so you can do a short or long flush for number ones or twos!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I had them out last year, free hose gun, short flush toilets and those thingies on taps so use less water. Great service, I was well chuffed, even though as a customer I've actually paid for the fact it's free :T.

So to all those of you out of area - stop stealing from my water company as I will be paying for it :rotfl:.

Off to see what water companies in Cambridge & Liverpool are offering ;).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure