Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    2 lb off for me this week. Happy with that after quite a stressful week.
    Also half way to my silver body magic
    Zebras rock
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    MissTeach wrote: »
    Ohh snap! I was at Ladies' Day on Saturday too! Between 3 of us we got through 4 bottles of prosecco during the day then went into town after for more cocktails and jugs of sangria! Plus the indian style chicken, halloumi and chips plus the mexican burrito I had for dinner! Whoops! I am dreading weigh in tomorrow!

It sounds like you had a fantastic time

:T:T:T:T:T:T
    bubbs wrote: »
    Dont want to lose like that though:eek:

No, neither did I... yuck!

It is the first time I have been too ill to work in 13 years...although I was answering my phone in bed! :D:D:D
    :p:p:p:p:p
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    kathrynha wrote: »

:T:T:T:T:T well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    kathrynha wrote: »

Great loss :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 July 2017 at 10:45PM
    joedenise wrote: »
    Saver Upper as long as you kept your history and didn't rejoin then you only need to get to top end of target range, ie target weight + 3lb.

That is great,thanks joedenise.Yes,I paid £14.95 to keep my history.Thank you.

Today's menu:
    Breakfast: 2 thick slices of wholemeal toast (will check syns)with margarine (1.5 syns) and Marmite

Snack: home-made lemon meringue pie,made by a friend/customer of mine who can't help herself-she is a feeder :eek:.Many syns.Delicious :D.

Tea: roast pork,apple sauce (1.5 syns),butternut squash,parsnip,green beans,potato,swede,brocolli,gravy (3-4 syns?)

SNack: 2 hifi bars(6 syns)

HEA:skimmed milk in cups of tea

About to work out syns for toast and hifi bars/work out which to HEB and which to syn.

......(EDIT:So,after a bit of fiddling around,I think 2 thick slices of Kingsmill wholemeal is a HEB + 5 syns.Does anyone know if this is correct?Where do you find out?Have been on lots of FB pages and SW site,where lots of references to medium-sliced,but not thick as HEB.Thank you)
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome:)
    Kathrynha I would love to be added to the chart please. I'll aim to lose 6lbs - I'm away for a week from the middle of next week, so I'm trying to allow for that, although I will try to make wise choices whilst away.

So today the plan is
    Breakfast - weetabix, skimmed milk, pear
    Lunch - Small jacket potato with ham and lots of salad, fruit
    Dinner. - Home made spaghetti bolognese with extra veg in the sauce, mullerlite yoghurt

Syns - not sure yet.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    You're now on the chart Ellsbel.

Start of a new week for me. Going to be a super stressful one, but determined to try my best to stick to plan and do enough for another week towards my silver body magic.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - fruit and yogurt
    Lunch - Egg salad
    Dinner - Burger and coleslaw
    Snacks - Strawberries, cherries, grapes, Aldi skips, cereal bars

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - burger (1), salad dressing (1), skips (4)

Body magic - aiming for 7000 steps and 15 active minutes
    Zebras rock
  • shiprob195
    shiprob195 Posts: 746
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    MissTeach wrote: »
    Ohh snap! I was at Ladies' Day on Saturday too! Between 3 of us we got through 4 bottles of prosecco during the day then went into town after for more cocktails and jugs of sangria! Plus the indian style chicken, halloumi and chips plus the mexican burrito I had for dinner! Whoops! I am dreading weigh in tomorrow!

I had the fried chicken/haloomi too! It was delicious ;)
    I'm off to Spain on Friday, so ready for this holiday. I'm going to try and be good :D
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    morning all, well done to all the loosers!

menu plan for today:
    B: blackberrys and muller light
    L: speed filled salad
    D: SW iceland meal
    Snacks - celery sticks
    HEA Cheese HEB scan brab
    Syns - 5 for a couple of mid week G&T :)

Also heading to the gym - gosh this loosing weight is hard work!
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    :T on your loss kathrynha. I know you want to dash around to up your steps but do try not to get stressed. Take some time for yourself.:)

A thick slice of wholemeal is 5 syns so I think you've got it right saverupper. I just typed thick sliced bread into syns online and it worked.

That looks like a good menu ellsbel. I'm pleased you're making a dinner that the whole family can eat. Faffing about with separate meals is likely to put you off.
    I do hope you and shiprob enjoy your holidays. Wise choices is good but don't deprive yourselves. You can always catch up when you get home.:)

I'm out this evening and there'll be a small finger buffet. I've tried before having dinner at home and trying to ignore it but it's hard. I think tonight I'll compromise, have a snack at home then try to limit myself to a few low syn nibbles. I'm taking a plate of smoked salmon.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, fried egg,tomatoes, mushrooms, half HEB toast
    L: ham, LO veg and beetroot (minimal potato)
    D: soup, 2 LM sausages, apple
    Syns: buffet bits? tbc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family