sarahevie's single quest to mortgage freedom

Comments

• beanielou wrote: »
    Sounding awesome :)

Had a really good weekend.

No spend weekend which is always nice.

The ex won £90 on a football accumulator bet. (He only ever puts £2 on, very rarely wins, however a couple of results came off.) So he took me and the girls out for lunch today.

Girls had dancing yesterday and then we walked round the town where we live and looked at the fireworks.

I did spend £42 in Lidl on food shopping. Took the girls out on their scooters near our house. Popped to the shop for baking ingredients for school.

Had a scavenge for suitable materials as next week my topic is "The Three little Pigs. Managed to find some suitable boxes and walked in the woods for some sticks. DD2 particularly enjoyed it. It was tipping down with rain so had some fun jumping in the puddles.
    HOME
    Original mortgage free date Nov 2037
    Mortgage free August 2018

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    Teacher pension - DB scheme
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • In other news, lodger went to look at a flat yesterday, it is currently empty so if they decide to take it they can move within the next 7/10 days. So I may be lodger free imminently.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,160 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    How do you feel about being lodger free so soon?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    How do you feel about being lodger free so soon?

Financially I'm probably in the best place I can be. I've paid the annual buildings/contents insurance. I've had all the annual costs with the car MOT, insurance, tax, service. I'm only £600 short of paying ex his equity out of the house.

My solicitor has finally got the redemption figure from the halifax to transfer the mortgage and I've been told the completion date will be set for next week. When the new mortgage goes through my payments will only be £250 a month. (Natwest are making me go with a 25 year term due to affordability.) So it looks like I can financially do without the lodger.

It will make things financially tighter, but it would be nice to just live with the girls. There's a certain element of tension with a long term house guest.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,160 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great news on being able to manage from a financial point of view.
    Tell me about the trials & tribulations of long term house guests!!! ;eek: :mad: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • My mobile, which is around 18 months old, gave up yesterday. The battery just will not charge. Over the last month or so it has required charging twice a day.

Opted for a cheap Nokia £15.

Despite doing the food shopping yesterday. DD2 was so disappointed when I picked her up from school covered in flour, that after her swimming lesson we went and bought some baking stuff £5.

Embarrassed myself when picking up DD1 and DD2 at their school. I'm getting really sick of them using me like a pack horse. I had a toddler without shoes on (she'd taken them off in car - so had her in my arms.) Yet DD1 and 2 still expected me to carry their coats, book bags and water bottles. Well we got outside school, I asked them nicely to help. They refused, so I chucked their stuff on the floor. Point well made, as I've never seen them pick it up so fast.

However, had egg on my face when I got back to the car and realised I'd actually chucked my car keys on the floor with their things. Thankfully I retraced my steps in the pouring rain and found them.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    I'm only £600 short of paying ex his equity out of the house.

This is great you should be proud :]

I always find a mobile lasts me around 2 year or so then its time for a new one dont feel like you cant buy yourself a new one on contract if you enjoy a mobile we have to have some things to enjoy :]

I love your sig 61k over payments wow that would pay my mortgage off hehe :]
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • This is great you should be proud :]

I always find a mobile lasts me around 2 year or so then its time for a new one dont feel like you cant buy yourself a new one on contract if you enjoy a mobile we have to have some things to enjoy :]

I love your sig 61k over payments wow that would pay my mortgage off hehe :]

It'll be slower going from now on, but I like my sig too - it all adds up - or every little helps as the old ad says
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • At least if the payments are lower, you might be able to OP more.

Sorry had to giggle at you throwing your keys down as well!

Is the lodger defo going?
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • At least if the payments are lower, you might be able to OP more.

Sorry had to giggle at you throwing your keys down as well!

Is the lodger defo going?

The keys was really funny. I had the drama, throwing the bookbags on the floor. Then to realise in the pitch black, pouring rain that I'd dropped the keys was priceless. We had a good laugh about it.

Lodger definitely going, as they have had a work bonus and its enough to buy a flat. Whilst they are waiting for the flat to go through their parents are paying for them to rent somewhere. Its a 6 month lease £495 a month, so not astronomical.

I think living with us has been the push to buy somewhere, well if I can do it anyone can. Plus its not ideal in your thirties in someone's spare room.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing