Matalan sale - now 70% off

Comments

• Blether
    Blether Posts: 273 Forumite
    Barbapapa wrote: »
    Is it me (spending too much time on this site!) or have Matalan's prices crept up steadily over the past few years?
    Many thanks OP, bought a few packs of kiddies PJs, pants and a doormat (thrillsville!), but that's about it this time.

I think most shops have.
  • tha_laydee
    tha_laydee Posts: 189 Forumite
    I used code FFFVIP1 (from facebook), my order came to £50.88 and I got free delivery...not bad for 13 items including Silentnight pillows! :)
  • ladygea2001
    ladygea2001 Posts: 396 Forumite
    tha_laydee wrote: »
    I used code FFFVIP1 (from facebook), my order came to £50.88 and I got free delivery...not bad for 13 items including Silentnight pillows! :)

Darn it - wish I would have known about the free delivery code when I placed my order yesterday.
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,873
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    thanks for that but I'm wanting to buy the luggage which is the correct size for cabin luggage but still seems to be £30. Anyone think they will go in the sale before my holidays in 2 weeks!?
  • mamto3
    mamto3 Posts: 205 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2012 at 4:14PM
    Shame the code is not working for me, i will have to try and get to a Matalan over the weekend.

OH, it is working- I read Ladygea's post and got confused - i see now it is just to give access to tomorrows sale in advance which is great - will put an order in when the kids have gone to bed!!!!!!

- Sorry
  • Do you need to spend a minimum of £50 to get free delivery using the code?

Thanks xx
  • horseykitty
    horseykitty Posts: 635
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    First time I've been to the first day of the Matalan sale and haven't had to queue half way around the shop to pay. Don't know whether it's because people have no money or that they can't see the point of buying summer clothes even at half price due to the weather we're having.
  • caringa
    caringa Posts: 676 Forumite
    First time I've been to the first day of the Matalan sale and haven't had to queue half way around the shop to pay. Don't know whether it's because people have no money or that they can't see the point of buying summer clothes even at half price due to the weather we're having.

Same in bournemouth - lots of bargains but doesnt seem much point in buying more summer clothes when I havent worn any that I already have!! Some nice jewellery/accessory reductions though.
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    The clearance stores have loads of stuff from a pound up. Great bargains if there is one near you .
  • Better_Days
    Better_Days Posts: 2,742
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Got my order today. Very well packed with oodles of bubble wrap. Got a separate text for each box making up the order. But some of the items missing - they sent me nearly all of the plastic storage boxes I ordered but omitted to include most of the lids!! :eek::eek:

Hopefully Matalan CS will sort it out.

Still some great bargains, thanks OP. :)
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport