The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Toluna Discussion (merged)

Comments

• hmm...the log in seemed a bit unusual. First driected me to an error page, then worked
    Every act of kindness, no matter how small, isn’t wasted ❤️
    "It’ll be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright - it’s not the end"
    Every pound we spend is a vote for the sort of world we want

2021 wins - 1
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Am I to understand from recent comments that ToLuna have got their act together now?

When I was with them, several years ago now, they were infamous for poor rates of pay/reward, missing points and sending vouchers that turned out to be invalid.

What's their record like these days?
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,542
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Biggles wrote: »
    Am I to understand from recent comments that ToLuna have got their act together now?

When I was with them, several years ago now, they were infamous for poor rates of pay/reward, missing points and sending vouchers that turned out to be invalid.

What's their record like these days?
    Pay is still poor but I've never had any problems with missing points or invalid vouchers. They also seem to have speeded up a little on sending out vouchers, not much but every little helps :D
    2020 Wins:
  • been trying to log into site since yesterday site down for maintenance grr
    JAN WINS- pepsi tshirt,
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,464
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just thought I would post this in case the information was of use to anyone else, having just found out myself when cashing out a reward:

Flexecodes/Love2Shop E Vouchers - no longer have Amazon as an option on their site.
    I wrote to them to confirm and was told the following:

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your email. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As with all retailers we review our products and service regularly and will remove products that we feel are no longer popular or sustainable to continue stocking, therefore a business decision has been made to remove Amazon e-codes from our websites [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Please accept my apologies for any disappointment this may have caused.[/FONT]

Before anyone tells me you can still get Amazon codes directly from Toluna - I am aware of that - but I preferred to exchange via the Flexecodes route as the payout threshold was lower
  • thriftymanc
    thriftymanc Posts: 787 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2016 at 2:44PM
    Hmm, my OH has had a lot of completely irrelevant surveys sent to him recently, and now he's had an email saying they've banned him because his answers aren't good enough. He's had a lot of surveys where he's answered the screening type questions at the start and then they've carried on asking him about an irrelevant topic anyway - made up example, but it might say 'Did you buy a house in the last 6 months?' and he'll say 'no' and then it will carry on asking about the house he's bought, so he'll have said 'don't know' to every question, expecting to get screened out. Funny how they waited until the day after he requested a voucher to ban him. What are the chances of getting un-banned? He's written to them to ask which surveys have triggered this because their screening process seems to have completely failed lately - he had to use the normal 'contact us' form though and I'm not holding my breath on him getting a reply from that as I never have! Is there a particular person's email address that's best to write to about this? I'm a bit worried as I've had a lot of rubbish surveys like this recently too and I also have just requested a voucher, hope they don't try to delete my account as well!
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,626
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If I have ever had to contact Toluna, the following 'contact us' link has worked for me.

https://uk.toluna.com/contactus

They usually reply quite speedily.

Good luck, hope the issue is soon resolved.
  • Mags63
    Mags63 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi there - I am new here today but after reading your post I quickly joined. I too have been banned from Toluna today and I am absolutely mortified. I have always answered their surveys honestly and have been with them for over 5 years. They sent an email so I responded to that asking for evidence of any breach of their Terms so am awaiting a reply. If I don't receive one I will keep on at them as they have 'stolen' my hard earned points and hence money. I had 2 rewards pending - one for £80 of Amazon E vouchers and another for £40 in Love2Shop vouchers, I also still had 700,000 plus banked. I am wondering now if I have 'earned' too much - I am retired and have the time to spend on the surveys.

When I first read the email I was shocked and very upset - hubby had to calm me down and help me formulate a suitable reply. He is very good at that sort of thing. In my response I stressed that I always answered honestly and took care over my responses. I cannot think of any instance at all where they could question my integrity ( and I heavily mentioned my integrity in my email response).

I will post if I get anywhere with this and do let me know if you hear anything at all. It appears that they may have had a 'trawl' today and maybe are kicking people out just to get new blood or, like me, kicking out those who have earned too much. Whichever way - it stinks. It is like being sacked with no explanation at all and no apparent recourse. I am still shaking and upset.
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,626
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hope that the issue can soon be resolved Mags63.

I am a member of several survey panels, and as soon as my points reach a payment level I always cash out.

A bit late now, but my advice is to cash out as soon as you can, never leave points to accumulate.

Hope that your account is soon reinstated.
  • Mags63
    Mags63 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Thankyou. You have said the same thing hubby said to me (along with other expletives I should add). I am a member of many others too and will certainly cash out on them asap.

As I cannot get on the site anymore I am wondering if anyone else has posted anything in relation to banning today. Are you aware that accounts can be re-instated? I recall a couple of months ago that one lady had been removed and her friends in the community made their feelings known and I think she was allowed back - but I cannot check of course.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback