Barclaycard and iSmart ppi

Options
About 8 weeks ago my father sent a letter to Barclaycard asking if he has paid any PPI and if so can he claim it back. He has not heard from them yet. This morning he got a letter from a firm called iSmart. The letter has his name and address and also one of the boxes for the company to look into ie Barclaycard. That is all that is filled in. They are asking him to complete the form and send it off to them and they will check up on if he is owed any PPI from Barclaycard. I think that this is just a coincidence that the letter has arrived now and that he should ignore it. What do others think please? Thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Never use a claims company. Ignore it.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did your father send it to the right address? There are a number of spoof sites on the internet which are run by CMCs pretending to the official complaints arm of a bank.

Barclays would respond to his complaint letter within days. Not with an outcome but with an acknowledgement and explaining the process.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • treasures
    Options
    Thanks for that info. I do not think he has not heard from Barclaycard but he is in the early stages of dementia so the letter may not have been passed on to me. The address we were given to write to was: PO Box 9131, 51 Saffron Road, Leicester, LE189DE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure