Fabulously Frugal and Free at 50!

Comments

• Ah the irony of meeting the parental who greets you with 2kg of cherry tomatoes from the greenhoose!

*Quickens sideways tip-toeing pace.....* :rotfl:

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,300/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend March £217.47/215  Charity Blankets completed 1/24
    Grocery spend April £7.39/215

• if there's still a mountain of beetroot, you could try https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/68614/spiced-beetroot-and-orange-chutney

i manage it so it's doable and smells like Christmas which makes it a good gift
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • *Quickens sideways tip-toeing pace.....* :rotfl:

Greying X

Are you there yet?? Otherwise they're heading for the freezer :) do wish virtual life meant an ability to swap nice things with virtual chums.
    Hope today is grand for you and yours!
    if there's still a mountain of beetroot, you could try https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/68614/spiced-beetroot-and-orange-chutney

i manage it so it's doable and smells like Christmas which makes it a good gift

Great stuff - thank you I'll pass that on to work as well. Much appreciate the beetroot thoughts.

:T

Well yesterday evening was jolly good fun - TRG got offered a regular gig at the place he was playing so he's well chuffed - paid too - so we'll see what happens there - he's not a lot of free time as his MSc starts again this week (final year thank goodness) - but how exciting and I've already translated that into *more holidays for me* well I am chief roadie.

Spent £22 at coup to get 2/20 off voucher - mutt food loo rolls etc quickly added up and 10% off and my 5% cach back all good.

Spent nowt at the gig - cheap date as drinking water is free.

Home rather late so i'm a bit puggled today as sat yapping for ages.

HM lunches today and leftovers for tea. :money: passing the economy gastronomy book to a chap at work, I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

Have a good un. Few things to do later but really leaving the evening quite easy as I'm pooped.

Parental has some tests today lets cross fingers for her.

XOXOXOXOX
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Hope all goes well with the tests.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Positive vibes for parental.
    Loving the new holiday fund.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 4 September 2017 at 3:01PM
    Thanks guys - more tests required but she's seeing someone early next week. Appreciate the positive vibes. XOXO

Spends update.

Petrol budget - 200 - £35 paid by me, £30 by DD = £35
    Grub/Household budget £300 + 1.04 straggler = 301.04 - spends 55.74
    Treats 100 budget - spends 3.75

Still pondering the 500 quid - realistically I think it makes more sense to pay it off the CC sitting at 700 high interest and find a way to get rid of the final 200 rather than do a balance transfer.

Might go away next weekend for a wee treatsy sneak away before the MSc kicks off in full.
  • Paid £500 to the cc - well it went missing for a month and then I didn't spend it - so best carving that one down. So ONLY 200 left on that card til its clear. Other card is 0% so best see if I can nail this card asap and then focus on the other debts drip by drip.

Happy dance.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Great idea on the £500 :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    & my DS starts his Masters this month too :eek:

• Good luck to him beanie - its tough but worth it in my opinion. I loved my masters but it was hard work.

Morning cherubs - just checked car MOT not due til 21st Oct so I've some extra spends to allocate as was keeping 450 for the car just in case.

Tea was a feast of chinese dumplings (frozen and shop bought) but the prices compared to eating out are amazing so we have a wee selection - a braw tea it was.

Nothing to report other than pitta for 25p on the way home and 2ltrs milk for 70p - dropped a chum at the bus station and called into M?S on the way home.

Spoke to siblings on phone re parental - more tests required :( at least the hospital she's been referred to is world leading in both research and teaching - so she's in the best hands. Will know more later in the week.

Quiet and early night, much needed.

Raining here - quite mega - due to go off later but we'll see.

Have a good un - will check in later :)

Happy Tuesday folks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income