<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,140 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Knock a hole in the wall and stick a cat in it?
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Always a nice surprise to get paid a bit more than expected! :T Right there with you on not leaving extra where it might go and fritter itself though - safety first on that one!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • A spending day today.

Puppy has (again!) chewed through the TV aerial cable so more co-ax and adaptors in Wickes. More chews for the dog in an attempt at diversion. Had a look in the hospice shop while I was there, and got 6 x 50p books, hurrah. I have thousands of books but still nothing to read.

Food shopping - far too much spent, with very little to show for it. I've not remotely planned. Hate it when I do that but just been so busy the last few days, and not sleeping well.

DS1 made white chocolate rice crispy cakes this evening (with 30p basics, and value crispies) so he was happy. Sometimes the simplest 'recipes' are the best.

Looks like there will be no work on tedious for a while, so I might need to look at the other home working companies. I need the safety blanket between projects, although I am glad not to be squeezing it around current commitments.

Need to clean house, do lots of washing and think about commitments for next week. Want to just roll over and sleep, so real head down and batter on mode. I refuse to give in to tiredness and lethargy. Stupid fibro.

Positives:
    Remittance advice from Augusts tedious so another decent lump should hit the account in a few days. 20% to go into the tax savings, and the rest into my general business savings for months with no income.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,140 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    You need to get some rest. Bath and book while the washing is in? And make sure everyone else helps.
  • Try ziffit for to cure the so many books but nothing to read?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Try ziffit for to cure the so many books but nothing to read?

I googled that but am struggling to cope with the mutually exclusive words 'unwanted' and 'books'

I had to lie down and hyper-ventilate for a bit :p
  • I googled that but am struggling to cope with the mutually exclusive words 'unwanted' and 'books'

I had to lie down and hyper-ventilate for a bit :p

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I know that feeling.

I agree that it's fatal to leave money in your current account, it needs to be hidden safely in a savings account asap before it gets spent :eek:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Busy day so a bit of a CBA meal this evening - delias corned beef hash with freezer veg recipe here

DS1 liked it too which was a win.
  • Even your CBA meals sound nice :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • DIA - the days I don't post are the chicken nugget/waffles/mixed veg days - DS2s favourite!

Faceache tells me my lovely Kenwood is 7 years old today - one of the few gadgets that has survived It got me thinking about the things we end up paying for long after the actual item has given up and gone - cars being a classic for this.

Beef roasting with some potatoes and parsnips roasting in the dripping. Bread and butter pudding made with the stale fruit bread - DS1 approves. Rest of the parsnips blanched ready for freezing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback