Starting BOTOX business - any nurses do this?

Comments

• KhalidCSJ
    KhalidCSJ Posts: 17 Forumite
    There are botox alternatives but I was watching "The Ugly Face of Beauty" and there are some scary horror stories. Personally I wouldn't want to be injecting something without being a qualified medical professional because you could get it wrong and leave someone permanently disfigured.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    KhalidCSJ wrote: »
    There are botox alternatives but I was watching "The Ugly Face of Beauty" and there are some scary horror stories. Personally I wouldn't want to be injecting something without being a qualified medical professional because you could get it wrong and leave someone permanently disfigured.

Spot on. Make sure the person doing it is medically qualified (i.e. not just a hairdresser or beauty therapist) and make sure they're insured.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • paulfoel wrote: »
    Sent you a PM
    Hi Paul, Is it possible for you to PM me regarding the cost of Botox too? I am currently looking into studying and becoming a RN so as to start up in this field. I am finding it rather difficult to get adequate information regarding costs involved and would be most grateful for any help with this please?
  • adsteps
    adsteps Posts: 19 Forumite
    Dear all,

Finally some decent discussions on Botox products. I am an Independent Nurse Prescriber in Manchester and have been really keen and excited to get into this area as a business idea but there are so many confusing or incomplete statements from the NMC and GMC and MHRA on 'remote' prescribing and other areas.

My business plan was to advertise and initially administer products in a clients own home but I have received conflicting information on this as to whether it is legal or allowed or not. (my argument is District Nurses administer injections and even chemotherapy at home now so if aseptic technique is used then i dont see the issue)

Secondly, supply and buying of the product. So far I've only heard of Wigmore medical, where you see a patient and fax your prescription and can get next day delivery of product. Can anyone else advise any other companies or suppliers?

Thirdly, the training itself for botox administration. There is so much choice and variability so can anyone recommend any decent ones?

Also, doing the botox course is one thing, but this surely doesn't amke you competent to 'go it alone'. So does anyone know how to arrange to work with other practitioners to get sort of supervised practice or shadowing? (even as a student nurse this was necessary for basic nursing care) It seems people are unable or unwilling to let people shadow them, maybe fear of competition etc?

Any help on this greatly appreciated and if anyone is willing to let me shadow them in the North West then please get i touch.

Does anyone also know if nurses can act as remote prescribers for other non prescribing nurses as long as they asses the patients?

Get in touch....

Adam :D
  • Padstow
    Padstow Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    Hope you practitioners have registered.

http://www.treatmentsyoucantrust.co.uk/Pages/home.aspx
  • paulfoel
    Padstow wrote: »
    Hope you practitioners have registered.

http://www.treatmentsyoucantrust.co.uk/Pages/home.aspx

£500 registration fee - no thanks....
  • paulfoel
    adsteps wrote: »
    Dear all,

Finally some decent discussions on Botox products. I am an Independent Nurse Prescriber in Manchester and have been really keen and excited to get into this area as a business idea but there are so many confusing or incomplete statements from the NMC and GMC and MHRA on 'remote' prescribing and other areas.

My business plan was to advertise and initially administer products in a clients own home but I have received conflicting information on this as to whether it is legal or allowed or not. (my argument is District Nurses administer injections and even chemotherapy at home now so if aseptic technique is used then i dont see the issue)

Secondly, supply and buying of the product. So far I've only heard of Wigmore medical, where you see a patient and fax your prescription and can get next day delivery of product. Can anyone else advise any other companies or suppliers?

Thirdly, the training itself for botox administration. There is so much choice and variability so can anyone recommend any decent ones?

Also, doing the botox course is one thing, but this surely doesn't amke you competent to 'go it alone'. So does anyone know how to arrange to work with other practitioners to get sort of supervised practice or shadowing? (even as a student nurse this was necessary for basic nursing care) It seems people are unable or unwilling to let people shadow them, maybe fear of competition etc?

Any help on this greatly appreciated and if anyone is willing to let me shadow them in the North West then please get i touch.

Does anyone also know if nurses can act as remote prescribers for other non prescribing nurses as long as they asses the patients?

Get in touch....

Adam :D

Yes. The prescribing situation is very much a grey area.

As far as I know though, the location of where you perform the treatment isnt an issue.

We use Wigmore. Very good service.

Used KT Training in Harley St, London for training. Not sure how they compare to the rest but I can recommend these.
  • I have attended cosmetic courses in Buckinhamshire the course was very comprehensive, giving an introduction to cosmetic practise,contraindications,safe anaesthesia, legal and management issues as well as giving details of remote prescribers, insurance and pharmacies.

Once completing this foundation course you are offered a 1-2-1 course to "practise" Botox and fillers on Models for 1/2 day.

The course is not cheap but I would recommend it.
  • hi, I too am looking into setting up a botox business, I am a qualified nurse, however the area surrounding botox appears to be a little blurred! I am shortly going to book the KT training in Harley street, however the idea of remote prescriber does not appeal to me, I do not want to jeopardise my pin. I am also wondering if the best option is to appraoch beauty/hair salons and rent a bed so to speak for a couple of days a week and see what the return is then? Anybody with any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.x
  • paulfoel
    hi, I too am looking into setting up a botox business, I am a qualified nurse, however the area surrounding botox appears to be a little blurred! I am shortly going to book the KT training in Harley street, however the idea of remote prescriber does not appeal to me, I do not want to jeopardise my pin. I am also wondering if the best option is to appraoch beauty/hair salons and rent a bed so to speak for a couple of days a week and see what the return is then? Anybody with any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.x

Hi Caroline,

KT traing are good. They're the ones we used.

Yes, the prescribing situation is a little bit of a grey area but unless you're a nurse prescriber thats the only way to do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport