Asda

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    teddysmum wrote: »
    There's a new young man , who has been put on the self checkout section of our Tesco and I was quite amused when, last week, he approached me, asking if I knew how to use the machine; just me, so I must look too old to cope by myself.:rotfl:

But did you look at him in amazement? ;)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Pollycat wrote: »
    But did you look at him in amazement? ;)
    Just replied, 'I believe I can manage. Thank you.'
  • aqua111
    aqua111 Posts: 525 Forumite
    My Sister, a high earner, walked into a BMW Garage and was approached by a Salesman.
    He said " The Second Hand Cars are round the back"
    She walked out.
  • MABLE wrote: »
    I was just saying people

Saying what?

She was just trying to be helpful and you come here to slate her!
  • aqua111 wrote: »
    My Sister, a high earner, walked into a BMW Garage and was approached by a Salesman.
    He said " The Second Hand Cars are round the back"
    She walked out.

When I went and got my last car that was new there was 4 or so salesman chatting of which none wanted to entertain the idea that I could afford one of the cars, I was in tracksuit bottoms at the time after being in the gym, As I found the one I wanted and asked for help a young sales lady that had only recently started offered to assist and I made the purchase with her, I did ask however will you gain 100% of the commission here as I do not want the others to have anything due to there attitude towards me and she said as she closed the sale it is all hers.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    She was probably trying to pre empt avoiding the constant stream of people putting their shopping through then calling the supervisor to sort out the transaction. Quite tiresome if you are the member of staff doing that all day.
  • I think if you shop at ASDA then you leave yourself open to the perception that you are unlikely to have cards, often made worse if you wear dirty grey joggers or nightwear when shopping
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,614 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    When I was in M&S buying milk for work, an assistant was pointing out to people that a particular self service machine was only accepting cards and if you were paying cash would you please wait for another machine. Nobody got offended - must just be customers in A s d a that take offence to this sort of thing.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    My friends work for a supermarket. Her work there are 10 self scans and three of them are used the most - customers too lazy to walk to ones further away. Even they wait until one of these three are vacated. The coins are topped up daily and the notes in the change box every Sunday. So it's fairly common that they close these three on Saturday as ran out notes. Don't bother with putting card only signs up as customers don't read signs.

Also many customers don't understand if your shopping comes to £7.02, to get £3 change, they need to put the 2p first then £10 note. The transaction ends if the cash paid is equal or greater to the amount owed.
  • I would explain to her she can put the items back on the shelf and leave.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure