IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Should I pay..Civil Enforcement Ltd?

Comments

• Hi troops,

Nice to see im not alone here....I too have had a parking notice sent to me from Civil Enforcement Ltd at the Rivergate Shopping Centre (Irvine). I initially replied to them informing them that I was not the driver, and the driver had actually left the car park then returned a short time later thus incurring the fine...which is now sitting at £156 :rolleyes:

(For thos unfamilar with this car park, you are allowed 3 hours parking free then you have to pay)

Since that day I have continually been harrassed by Newlyn, and till now I have blanked them as I know they can do nothing about it. However I have just received a new letter 'Notice Prior to County Court Proceedings' with the threat of bailiffs!

I had just typed up a response to be sent to Newlyn regarding their continual harrassment, and that I will take what ever action is necessary to stop these scum bags, however after reading this thread I'll hold off for now.

My question is, can these pr*cks affect my credit rating? I'v heard that entering a car park you enter into some sort of contract with the parking company?

Am I correct in saying that Scotland doesnt have the traditional bailiffs you see on the TV programmes? (England / Wales)?

Anyway, I'll keep you posted how I get on.
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No one can affect your credit rating unless you have a credit agreement with them.

If a court awarded a CCJ against you for a debt you owed, then that would go on your credit file - but Newlyn won't be taking you anywhere near a court.

We had the same letter as you a few months back (they sent it twice in two weeks - left me wondering if they actually understand the meaning of the phrase "final reminder") - have heard nothing since.

Keep them on your ignore list and have a Merry Christmas.
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Pay up or else nothing else happens.
  • Good for you, keep the faith and if only there were more people prepared to stand up to the scammers, they would not be there to mug people.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • BFG_2
    Hi everyone,

I got a PCN ticket in ALDI in Doncaster last Tuesday.

I know it's ok to ignore them if it's ASDA or Tesco...but is ALDI the same??
  • BFG_2
    Hi everyone,

I got a PCN ticket in Netto in Brighton last Saturday.

I know it's ok to ignore them if it's a weekday...but is the same for weekends??
  • BFG_2
    Hi everyone,

I got a PCN ticket in Netto in Brighton last Saturday.

I know it's ok to ignore them if it's up north...but is the same for down south??
  • Look I know you are frustrated but by continuing to post rubbish you will put off any worried newbie. We all take a deep breath when the same post is repeated ad infinitum but you really are not helping matters.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • My daughter received one of these tickets from civil enforcers so feeling very nervous... we dont owe anybody anything. We went to the CAB today who strongly advised us to pay. I've payed the £75.00 (because my daughter is a student doing an apprenticeship) before it went up to £150.00. I see from reading all the posts the advice is not to pay but CAB say these people do have the authority to take you to court as knowingly or not she did go over the 2hrs 30mins and they have the evidence to prove it. Obviously life is hard enough without the stress of wondering whether court summons and baliffs are going to be knocking... The unfairness of it all is overpowering but to be honest I felt powerless!

Kind regards
  • My daughter received one of these tickets from civil enforcers so feeling very nervous... we dont owe anybody anything. We went to the CAB today who strongly advised us to pay. I've payed the £75.00 (because my daughter is a student doing an apprenticeship) before it went up to £150.00. I see from reading all the posts the advice is not to pay but CAB say these people do have the authority to take you to court as knowingly or not she did go over the 2hrs 30mins and they have the evidence to prove it. Obviously life is hard enough without the stress of wondering whether court summons and baliffs are going to be knocking... The unfairness of it all is overpowering but to be honest I felt powerless!

Kind regards

CAB are known to be useless on parking issues. Did you pay by cheque? If so cancel it now. The scam works by scaring people. Have a good read on here about private parking companies and you will begin to understand the scam, and you will not be powerless if it happens again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure