PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ive had a flurry of activity! 2 wash loads done (not that I can dry it outside :() including my bedding, which is remade. Also dusted, vacced and tidied in there. Then I cleaned both bathrooms so caught up a little with yesterday. Made up spare bed as I think MIL is staying tonight.

Filled car up - not :money: but necessary, and sorted hospital for next week. We've to be there at 9:30 so I need to get someone to take DD to school so we can leave earlier. We have two appointments but the first is just removing the cast - the second is physio but precautionary just to get the go ahead to leave, since his consultant is on holiday. Fingers (not thumbs!!!) crossed that will be the end of it!

Going to read for an hour now, college stuff.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hello everyone. Last day off the paid stuff today. Plans haven't worked out for one reason and another so I have:

WUDUPA
    Walked LittleyDog
    Changed our bedding
    Run an errand
    Taken my glasses to be repaired
    Had lunch out with DH

Now going to walk Littley again, wait for Mr T delivery and not a lot else.

Hope you're all having a great day.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Wow...I've had a busy busy morning with surveyors crawling all over the place. Absolutely no flying done except one load in the WM and the essential decluttering of an all butter scone with strawberry jam and cream....must keep my energy levels up!

Tiny now asleep and Small has an after school club until 4.15pm, so a cuppa in peace maybe? Anyone joining me?
  • Jazee
    Dizzy, I've just had my cuppa and some fudge.

Have also just booked next year's holiday so really quite happy.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Jazee wrote: »
    Dizzy, I've just had my cuppa and some fudge.

Have also just booked next year's holiday so really quite happy.

I found some Dairy Milk in the fridge :eek:

Ooh, holibobs! Where are you off to? Anywhere exotic?
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,119 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Short (very short) run done. And dirty gym kit in being washed. All windows opened briefly to air the house while I was on a call. Dehumidifier moved. Now to close the windows, shower and think about mowing while it's dry and sunny. Work will happen later :)
  • Jazee
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    I found some Dairy Milk in the fridge :eek:

Ooh, holibobs! Where are you off to? Anywhere exotic?

No where exotic as I like to take the dogs with me and they don't have passports, but we only get the one break a year so I always choose luxurious accommodation in the middle of nowhere.

I really should move. I'm still at the PC with Poppet on my lap.
    Save
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Mumto5 wrote: »
    I have walked Coco, she has a sore paw. I put some antiseptic cream on it but she licked it off. I might have to get the cone of shame out.
    Another one for a spot of healing energy, then - on it's way to her. x
    I've noticed BF has written 'banana muffins' on the wallboard. We have a few bananas going soft, so I think it's a hint. I've probably got time to whip some up.
    I made banana cake the other day - I have a brilliant recipe, you just chuck 4 oz flour, a couple of ripe bananas cut into chunks, 2 eggs, 6 oz sugar and 12 oz flour in the food processor, wuzz it up, put the resultant gloop in a greased'n'lined cake tin, and bake for an hour at 180 C, Simples! I also added a teaspoon of cinnamon this time, for a change. :o

I've managed a trip into town (with Mr LW's halp of course) for yet another prescription - it's ok, this is stuff I've been on for ages, so no nasty surprises. Also visited Morries for the bits I couldn't get in Ald! so I'm cream crackered after that.

Haven't a scooby what's for dins tonight - at this rate, it may well be fresh air followed by bread and scrape! :rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing

Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing

Nearly done !
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Just in from spending 4 hours treating the garden fences, made the mistake of telling dd1 I'd creosoted them she went into hyperventilation mode claiming that was banned in the 80s (was it?) currently tucking into a bowl of leek n potato soup but have a glass of wine chilling in the fridge. Ds1 is on chicken soup (with promise of a hot toddy later as he's full of cold) Dh has just rung to say he'll be home about 9ish and ds2 has gone round gfs as he's not got college tomorrow.
    Going to throw a quorn &veg shepherds pie thing together for Dh when he gets in and curl up with a book once the wu is done.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure