When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lovely to see you again HI.

Good luck with everything. Have you considered asking on Freecycle/Freegle for a laptop and some children's beds? You might get lucky. Otherwise there are charities that offer computers to people on low incomes - it might be worth checking if there are any in your area?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    jwil wrote: »
    Lovely to see you again HI.

Good luck with everything. Have you considered asking on Freecycle/Freegle for a laptop and some children's beds? You might get lucky. Otherwise there are charities that offer computers to people on low incomes - it might be worth checking if there are any in your area?

I'm always watching the free sites and I follow quite a few on OH FB, I don't have FB myself so annoy him using his :rotfl::rotfl:

I will have a good look around to sort a computer for DS. Thank you
  • Hiddenidenity
    Meal plan done, I can't decide if sticking with Mr S or giving Aldi a try :cool:

Delivery costs from Mr.S is similar to what a taxi home for Mr A woild be :cool:
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Pity about the library - I hate it when a great resource like that is closed down. Jwil's suggestion is a really good one. I do most of my shopping at Aldi, Lidl and Iceland. I would give Aldi a try. You would probably save a lot of money and if you don't like it you can always go back to Mr S,
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi HI (I had a wee chuckle to myself at that)

Just popping my head in to give you a cheer on.

My sister used to shop at Mr S and she wouldn't be talked out of it. I do think it was a lot to do with convenience (she lived next door to one). Now she is married with a wee baby and they live in a completely different area. I could never get her into Aldi, now I can't get her out! :rotfl: In fact, she keeps telling me how great it is...err...I've been telling you that for years luv! Like Toni'sfriend says, if you don't like it you can go back to Mr S. Totally worth a shot or two though :)
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • Hiddenidenity
    girlatplay wrote: »
    Hi HI (I had a wee chuckle to myself at that)

Just popping my head in to give you a cheer on.

My sister used to shop at Mr S and she wouldn't be talked out of it. I do think it was a lot to do with convenience (she lived next door to one). Now she is married with a wee baby and they live in a completely different area. I could never get her into Aldi, now I can't get her out! :rotfl: In fact, she keeps telling me how great it is...err...I've been telling you that for years luv! Like Toni'sfriend says, if you don't like it you can go back to Mr S. Totally worth a shot or two though :)

Thank you for popping in :)

I spoke to OH we are going to try Aldi this week, the bigger 2 kids are staying at my mums Friday night so this made the decision easier :rotfl:

I'm going to finish writing my list and other than a couple of things it seems we can get everything from Aldi and even the couple of bits from a discount shop on the same retail park. Definitely worth a try. We aren't fussy with brands etc so hopefully it's a success.

I find Mr S expensive but unfortunately the only one that delivers to us. We aren't on satnav systems so most places don't recognise our address! Pain! :cool:
  • Hiddenidenity
    6 items listed on Ebay, we really don't have much else to list. We don't have many 'things' I know quite unbelievable with small ones but it's true. We moved here with nothing but the clothes we where wearing and haven't even got our basics sorted yet.

Speaking of clothes middle one needs some leggings/skirts. Hers have been passed down to youngest who should be able to manage with what she has. Fingers crossed!

Also need to start a 'pot' for uniform as it's changing colours at the end of this school year so whole new sets needed for September term including p.e kit tha's got a logo :mad:
  • Also need to start a 'pot' for uniform as it's changing colours at the end of this school year so whole new sets needed for September term including p.e kit tha's got a logo :mad:

That drives me mad. DS's old school changed colours every two years. The other local high school changed every year! I'm sure some schools think parents have an endless supply of money
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    School uniform was always a bugbearer of mine could spend more a year on logo uniform that then all the clothes needed for the rest of the year. A tiny saving I could see in your SOA is maybe consider ditching the TV ( hear me out I know it sounds like insanity when you have 3 kids) but netflix does not currently require a TV licence and cost £7.50PM so would save you £50 a year maybe worth considering.
  • Hiddenidenity
    tori.k wrote: »
    School uniform was always a bugbearer of mine could spend more a year on logo uniform that then all the clothes needed for the rest of the year. A tiny saving I could see in your SOA is maybe consider ditching the TV ( hear me out I know it sounds like insanity when you have 3 kids) but netflix does not currently require a TV licence and cost £7.50PM so would save you £50 a year maybe worth considering.

Thank you for stopping by.

The v1rgin is going as soon as we are out of contract. I must call actually to see when it ends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure