Will joining green star energy be a good idea?

Iam looking to move from Scottish power as my fixed deal is ending soon . According to my bills, i spent £1283 on gas and electricity over the last 12 months and this is with careful use. Mse energy club suggest that on the best deal i will pay around £1500 for the same usage over the next 12 months. Green star energy unlimited tariff will cost me nearly£1800 but i will not have to worry about how much i use. Is there any reason to think it is a bad idea to go with them?

Comments

• thozza
    thozza Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Footguy has already responded to you on your previous post with the details of the threads about this company.

You are not likely to get many responses in this forum, as it is specifically about off-grid LPG, oil and solid fuels, not mains electricity or gas.
  • sam1970
    sam1970 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thank you for the reply. I am not regular at the forums but I remember years ago that there was a forum to discuss energy companies but I cant find it now. This was the closest forum I can found to the subject
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 March 2017 at 12:29AM
    thozza wrote: »
    Footguy has already responded to you on your previous post with the details of the threads about this company.

You are not likely to get many responses in this forum, as it is specifically about off-grid LPG, oil and solid fuels, not mains electricity or gas.

Credit where credit is due, I have now seen that you also provided the URL to the feedback thread in another thread started by this OP back in Nov-2016, as well as the advice about posting on the main Energy board, rather than this sub-board.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5552709

although I appreciate you may not have remembered that reply you posted. :)

Similarly, if the OP had followed any of the links previously advised by you or I, it would be clear where those threads are located i.e. on the main Energy board you advised.

I also struggle to comprehend how a user who has been registered here far longer than you or I, and has posted in excess of 900 posts, still does not understand how this site is organised.
  • sam1970
    sam1970 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Because as I said I am not regular here. I could go for over a year before logging into the forums to check something I need and they definitly changed a lot from what they used to look like. Believe it or not, I have a job and Iam very busy at work so I dont spend my day reading forums
  • Back in April early May i looked at switching. i did some comparisons and chose to switch to Green Start from Scottish Power. I then had a couple of days looked at the numbers again and yes took a call from Scottish power. i then decided to stop the switch as the savings were negligible if at all. I emailed them because they did not answer the phone at the weekend. I then called them in the week and they said no problem.
    For some reason i then a few weeks later get a letter and e-mail from scottish power the sorry please don;t go. I called them to find out that Green star were still trying to make the switch.
    More phone calls ensued. somehow managed to stop the electricity but they could not stop the gas transfer. They the said they would do an erroneous transfer so they would not take any money and send the account straight back to Scottish power. that was in June.
    I AM STILL WAITING. My direct debits to Scottish power were reduced as they were only looking at electricity.
    Absolutely fuming AVOID GREEN STAR at all costs.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    LPG ?? Oil ??

AS # said .
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I've heard good things about green star
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business