thinking of using Litchfield to claim PPI

I had a call today form Litchfield about claiming ppi
in the past ive declined as I only paid ppi on a load over 18 years ago.
But the person I spoke to said they can claim back as far as my 18th birthday im 48 ???
we had a good conversation regarding my loan and credit card history and I have received an email with there conditions etc followed by another call almost straight away which I didn't answer as I want to do some research first .
they are asking for £349 up front and want 15% of any money recovered
Has anyone had dealing with Litchfield or and good advice

Comments

• The complaint process is simple and free, why would you want to pay anyone to use it?

I'd be even more wary that the company want hundreds of pounds in upfront payment.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 September 2014 at 9:25PM
    they are asking for £349 up front
    Oh dear, one of the oldest scams going, advanced fee fraud, don't fall for it.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Don't fall for it, ]

They will say 'we will try' they will take your up front fee.

They will try, they will probably fail and they will be running for the hills with your up front fee.

If you think you were miss sold and have evidence to prove it, do it yourself.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    But the person I spoke to said they can claim back as far as my 18th birthday im 48 ???

Did you have PPI back then?
    they are asking for £349 up front and want 15% of any money recovered

ahh the up front fee. Now it makes sense.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I'am using Litchfield Price for PPI claims & they currently have 20 claims on behalf one has come back as having no PPI. But today I got cheque for £3000.00

So I really can say that they are not a scam company :D
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So I really can say that they are not a scam company
    Its not a scam. Its just paying for someone to do something very easy
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 April 2015 at 9:16AM
    I'am using Litchfield Price for PPI claims & they currently have 20 claims on behalf one has come back as having no PPI. But today I got cheque for £3000.00
    Erm . . . OK.
    So I really can say that they are not a scam company :D
    One post wonder drags up a thread from ~7 months ago :eek: to sing the praises of a cmc, it must be true . . .
  • Teresa1
    Teresa1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 28 May 2015 at 12:18PM
    Litchfield price said they needed a security deposit today of £495 from me my argument was how can I be sure my money would be safe? Surely as a legit company the phone call was recorded and by law id have to repay them something once my claim has been processed. Why should I be out of pocket I have nothing from them to prove by law I would get my money back. I'm a bit worried as I stupidly gave them my card details previous to finding out they actually wanted money out of me up front as was told they put 1p on my card then take it off to do the checks which turned out they didn't do any check after I refused to pay up front cost. Like the person above I had 2 phones calls and spoke to two different individuals. Anyone know of any legit ppi claim companies without paying upfront costs or large payments to do search? Oh they were going to charge me 25 % of what ever they recovered from my claim. Strange we are being charged different upfront costs and percentages on our possible claims...
  • As with others i was quoted £495 to proceed. It's odd they told me they don't chase anything under 4grand! I'm quite prudent and I gave them a closed account. I don't know if they did security checks for address I'm not on the electoral register for. Nor do I see the 1p deposit, they claim to do on a unused account. I didn't get to read the email as it flashes up another page, before you can read it. Within seconds i had a call about insufficient funds! I said on legal advice I'm with holding money from that account, till I have a guaranteed letter of proof regarding amount that is payable to me. I'm waiting for them to call again. It's a case of if it's to good to be true. Anyone had recent success with this company and willing to show proof?
  • Oops u just signed up with them- however, can assume my credit card is protected? They seemed to know a lot- they told me the date I opened my credit card!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure