Viagogo - Rescheduled Event - Credit card refund?

So I'm being more hopeful here than anything really.

Whilst away in Orlando me and my partner got engaged. As a present, I brought us tickets (credit card) to see our favourite band to celebrate who happened to be in town. The gig was totally sold out and at the time Viagogo were the only option. On this occasion I didn't mind spending more, but would never normally consider using them at all.

Then Hurricane Irma happened. The gig was cancelled and it was the least of my worries at the time of course. Now we're safely home and the gig has been rescheduled for December and obviously we won't be in Florida then.

Viagogo won't refund if my tickets are valid, which they are for the new date. The venue source is offering refunds for tickets, but I didn't buy directly from them but a re-seller. I could try and sell them for face value on a more credible site but naturally I'd like to get the inflated costs back if this is possible.

Is there any way I can claim on this back through Natwest as Viagogo aren't offering refunds if I can't make the new date but the terms of the venue itself say so?

Just trying to be hopeful!

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If you bought them then someone else will.

Why not try viagogo. You can always start high and reduce the price nearer the time

NatWest are unlikely to step in if viagogo are sticking to ts & cs which you agreed when buying the tickets
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Travel Insurance?
    The man without a signature.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts