Anyone recommend places to eat London with teenagers

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    There's a Strada near Tower Bridge.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Fab ideas here :beer:
  • welsh_mummy
    welsh_mummy Posts: 317 Forumite
    We are just back from London with our 7 year old boy who eats loads.

Twice we ate at Ed's easy diner (one in Piccadilly) and the milkshakes were fab, I tried the banana and peanut butter one - heaven!!. We also ate at Planet Hollywood as they were giving out 20% off vouchers for their 21st birthday and the food was really nice but pricey.
    MFW - currently at £23,610 (Aug 2014) MFD 2020
  • lika_86
    lika_86 Posts: 1,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    With teenagers that age I'd be tempted to take them somewhere like Five Guys or Shake Shack for a casual meal out, they're the trendy US imports and will I'm sure at some point be nationwide but for now their mainly London (I think Five Guys have now gone to Manchester or somewhere) status might impress their friends.
  • lika_86 wrote: »
    With teenagers that age I'd be tempted to take them somewhere like Five Guys or Shake Shack for a casual meal out, they're the trendy US imports and will I'm sure at some point be nationwide but for now their mainly London (I think Five Guys have now gone to Manchester or somewhere) status might impress their friends.

Tried Shake Shack on a trip to New York. Perfect place for teenagers: fast service, good value for money,plus they have veggie burgers!
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Five guys and Eds are definite recommendations! At Five Guys they have a choice of over 100 different coca cola branded drinks, like orange cola, strawberry 7up.etc and they're free refills! It is a bit pricey though for burgers and chips, but so delicious!

I also love Bodeans on Poland Street in Soho - it's a BBQ place with burgers, meat platters, ribs.etc I highly recommend it, there is another one in Tower Hill as well. The Soho one has a restaurant downstairs or a diner upstairs.

Then you have all the chain restaurants you can get vouchers for like Pizza Express, Zizzis, Strada, Wagamamas, Cafe Rouge. Just check if the specific restaurants take vouchers, some of the more touristy areas don't accept them.
  • Ainat
    Ainat Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Post
    Others have already suggested these, but I would suggest the Hard Rock Cafe or Sticky Fingers.

Both aren't the cheapest, but certainly aren't the most expensive that London has to offer! I'm sure Sticky Fingers is on the Taste Card.

There's a few TGI Fridays kicking around too, but you get those in other parts of the country also. As well as the other chains that people have suggested.

Again not the cheapest - And I personally haven't eaten here - but possibly the Rainforest Cafe. Though I think the novelty value may appeal to kids younger than 12 and 15 more? I've seen pictures of the inside (google it) and it looks pretty cool. I was looking it up when I was trying to decide where to take my niece one time. We actually went to Sticky Fingers in the end...
    Save in 2014 Challenge: #193 £4,197.70/£5000
  • RichyRich
    RichyRich Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    There's also a Bodeans right opposite the tower; they do a £10 meal deal for pulled pork, chips and a drink, which they advertise outside but don't show you when you get in unless you ask them (cheeky!).

You're a hop, skip and a jump from Brick Lane, but if curry is your thang, head a little further east to either Zaza's on Whitechapel Road (District line from Tower Hill to Whitechapel, or abour 20 minutes' walk up to Whitechapel High Street and chuck a right) or Lahore Kebab House (take the DLR from Tower Gateway to Shadwell).

The Wetherspoon around the corner from the Premier Inn Tower Hill - the Goodman's Field - is surprisingly passable. There are also two very cheap food pubs nearby; the Cheshire Cheese and the Duke of Somerset, but being in the City are only open Monday to Friday (the City pretty much closes up on a weekend).

I've written this thinking you're staying at the Premier Inn on Prescot Street, E1. I think though that you might be staying at the Premier Inn on Tower Bridge Road SE1. In which case the same applies, but it's a bit further walk :)

St Katharine's Dock, on the north bank, is lovely, with Slug & Lettuce and other chains along with independents, and there's similar directly opposite on the south bank, in Butler's Wharf.

Have fun!
    #145 Save £12k in 2016 Challenge: £12,062.62/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £5,027.78 CHALLENGE MET
    #060 Save £12k in 2017 Challenge: £11,03.70/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £12,976.79 Shortfall: £996.30:eek:
    This is the secret message.
  • DaveTheMus
    DaveTheMus Posts: 2,669 Forumite
    If you want 'reasonable' London is the wrong place for you......

Last time I was there I went to Inamo

http://www.inamo-restaurant.com/

it's sushi and the table is like a massive ipad and you order your food through the interface on the table. When looking through the menu if you like the look of something you can project a picture of it on the plate to see what it will look like. Very engaging and enjoyable IMO, I'm certain the kids would love that aspect. The food was amazing but expensive, My wife and I spent about £170, but I spent about £90 on drinks.

A place that looked good but I never got a chance to go there was lobster and burger

http://www.burgerandlobster.com/

looked great and you can get a full lobster with melted butter for £20.....
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • RichyRich
    RichyRich Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    With the greatest of respect, I disagree. There is huge opportunity to splash out in London, but equally there are lots of reasonably prices options as has been demonstrated in this thread.
    #145 Save £12k in 2016 Challenge: £12,062.62/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £5,027.78 CHALLENGE MET
    #060 Save £12k in 2017 Challenge: £11,03.70/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £12,976.79 Shortfall: £996.30:eek:
    This is the secret message.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport