PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I just cannot take old underwear on vacation. I'm of the generation whose mothers said to wear good clean underwear in case you had to go to the hospital. Mother's voice rings in my head when I try to be practical about this...silly huh? :embarasse :wall:
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hello kondoites :D

Lolly and Lola doing ok as I spotted them both this morning and they looked fed up but ok :D The kits are doing fine and polished off 1.5 tins of cat food this morning ;) So they will be laying about somewhere in the sun all day no doubt.

I am now working on the fete which is just over a week away. So have been so busy doing things for that.When you take these things on you have no idea how much work is invovled :o

The bric a brac is coming in thick and fast and the clothes even faster.So people are clearing out but lets hope they buy as well :D

I am aiming this year to take £2000 which is setting my sights higher than maybe I should :D But hopefully the hall shed will be fully kondoed afterwards which I will love to see its been full of carp for far too long :D Cant wait to complete that at the moment I close my eyes when I go in there :D

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Low carb kondo this morning. We have a large wall cupboard that mainly houses, well, CARBS!
    I haven't opened it in a while. This morning, DH safely at work, I made a foray to do stock control.
    OMG, it was stuffed with bags of crisps, porridge, tins of beans, crackers, biscuits, all sort of rammed in! I have removed several items that I know we won't use now and put them in a bag to take to a friend, coralled crisps and packets of biscuit into suitable containers, lingered for a second while homing Wisper bar (I resisted :T), and it is all back in order. Phew.

Have discovered Lactofree processed milk and will add carton to store cupboard I don't like my tea black and the low carbs will suit.

Right, off to dust n vac!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Glad it's not just me :rotfl::rotfl:
    All that clutter used to be money
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Where is everyone? Hellll-ohohohoh!

All cleaning done, a book into CS bag and one to pass on to mum when we visit soon. A kids' activity book pulled from long term lurking in wardrobe and bagged for friend with 2 littlies - good timing I think! Some old towels for ragging (holes in them, already been used as cleaning cloths), cardboard into recycling along with a surprising amount of plastic (need to address this and avoid shops that sell Everything pre-packed :mad: ).

A busy but satisfying day at the homestead. All fell apart a bit a teatime when I prepped veg and then left DH to grill beefburgers, but it transpired that he only cooked for himself (I really do wonder sometimes how the dear man's brain works. Although it seemed to be a genuine misunderstanding, Gawd knows what he thought I was going have!?!?). So as he scoffed his tea I [STRIKE]sulked[/STRIKE] switched the grill back on and waited a while for mine..... :mad: Yes, we know how to live it up on a Friday night in my house! :rotfl:

Have a great weekend!

M
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think I might have made my DH cook another set, and I'd have had his, MMF, you're very forbearing :)

I'm enjoying a little bit extra space now - more papers gone, the patio is clearer of *stuff*, the paved area at the front is about to lose the collapsed fence when we take it to the tip tomorrow, this stuff is working :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 July 2016 at 11:49PM
    We are back from a lovely six days in Echternach, Luxembourg. We had rented a 'camping barrel', a round wooden cabin for four. Two proper matresses in a mezzanine bedroom, storage underneath, and two fold-out benches that made two single beds with storage underneath, and a pull-out table. The cabin had electricity, a light, and a lock :) . If you websearch for campingfass you get an idea.
    We loved it! First week ever of camping with dh and dds, and they took to it like ducks to water. The cabin was at the top of the campsite, out of wifi-reach, but next to the pool! We spent the two scorching days in the pool.
    Anyway, the km story here: I had brought all the right stuff, not too little, and only a little bit more than needed, but I like a few spare items in case of rain or accidents. Packing had taken me only three hours (some of the camping equipment had not been used for twelve years and had to be located), and unpacking took me one hour. Three loads of laundry done today, a shop run, garden plants bought at the garden centre that is having a 'closed for renovation' sale, and just enjoying the lovely weather today. It has started to rain now, which is good for the garden.
    And I managed to kondo two shelves of paperwork piles in our office. One box full of paper ready for recycling.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 July 2016 at 12:49AM
    I would have told DH thank you for cooking this for me...what are you planning on having for dinner? :D
    (Karmacat and I think alike :beer: )

Worked on shredding paper. I think it breeds.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning all
    In my spending loads of time sorting out the 7 cats :o and the fete I have forgot to reveal the exciting news ;)

The fur :o coat cupboard at Dads has been kondoed including the furcoat of mould that was covering it :D

I got everything out (got told off for putting stuff on the bed ) OMG there was some real junk in there it was stuffed full of the most random stuff .
    Dad then started picking stuff back out :eek: There was an old towel in there which had really seen better days.
    Dad whats that doing in there
    me I dunno you must have put it in there
    Dad yes I must have well I will take that and wash it
    Me why ?
    Dad It will be handy to put down in front of the washing machine
    Me why is it leaking ?
    Dad No but it might so I will keep it justin case :mad:
    Me whats the point of that than ?
    Dad says nothing and grabs the towel and puts it in the washing machine.:o
    Then he comes back and starts picking up other stuff
    With that I said I need you to do me a favor can you nip to the shop and get some binbags :)
    While he was gone everything out of the cupboard was loaded in the jeep :D I even took the grotty old towel out of the washing machine.
    Then wait for it I hoovered the mould off the walls in the cupboard it was that thick and dry. Wash down with mould remover stuff and all done :)
    Dad comes back with the binbags and I said oh I dont need them now we have done it ;)
    So all good in the world of kondoing Dads carp:)

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Mav, love it, I thought it was kids you sent on errands to get them out of the way! :)

Hope the fete goes well, which day is it? If I am off work that day, sods law says I wont be, but if I am, I will pop over and support / help / get in the way!! :)
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills