Energy suppliers

I've been doing different comparison sites to find a cheaper supplier as my bills are expensive. I came here to compare suppliers and saw that my supplier was cheap (edf blue price promise Jan2018) but to me it's not as when I give them my actual reading it's higher. I want to cut down my bills and would like to go to a smaller independent one but I would like it if anyone could recommend a good one for money, saving and customer service. Thanks

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Andie989 wrote: »
    I've been doing different comparison sites to find a cheaper supplier as my bills are expensive. I came here to compare suppliers and saw that my supplier was cheap (edf blue price promise Jan2018) but to me it's not as when I give them my actual reading it's higher. I want to cut down my bills and would like to go to a smaller independent one but I would like it if anyone could recommend a good one for money, saving and customer service. Thanks

All Ofgem-accredited comparison sites should be showing the same tariffs. Suppliers - big and small - all have customer service issues so do not be put off by what you read on this and other forums. Remember, all credit balances are now protected by Ofgem.

To get the best deal it is important that you compare using kWhs/year for gas and electricity not £s.

FWiW, SOEnergy and Robin Hood Energy get good reviews from posters on this site. I can personally recommend Zog and Ovo. Iresa would probably give you the best (cheapest) deal but they are currently in the 4th division for customer service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure