No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Options

Comments

• ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm back in for February and thanks KT for starting the thread!

Already have a UU to report:

Bobbi Brown long wear even finish compact foundation: luckily this was just a sample size that I bought from eBay a while ago as I would definitely not buy it again. Long wear does not describe this at all. It's a greasy mess on my skin no matter what other products I use with it and that's just not a good look. Going back to my mineral foundation for the weekends and my estee lauder double wear light will probably be finished this month.

Also opened my nars Laguna bronzed this morning to see the product has become detached from the pan so I'm hoping that doesn't disintegrate as my other bronzer is a bit too shimmery for contouring!

Oh and my estee lauder advanced night repair is looking a bit empty. This will probably be the biggest spend from my beauty budget for the year when I have to replace it. Haven't had to buy it for a while as my current one was a freebie from estee lauder because the dropper on my previous one broke.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ****WARNING - ENABLING POST!!!!!****

Argos are selling Vaseline Lip therapy tins at just 49p in store.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3587726.htm

Luckily, I am stocked up.

Not sure if there are different varieties or not.

I was slightly tempted as have chapped lips at the moment and none of my stash products are helping, plus most of them are ancient anyway. However, none in stock at any of the stores near me (checked online, in case anyone had visions of me driving here, there and everywhere in my quest for cheap Vaseline!) :eek:
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies.

Thanks for starting us off again this month KT.

The jacuzzi party was fab. Fell into bed last night and had a great sleep. Even my back is more relaxed today :)

Emsjune - the bathroom looks fab. Love the shape of the bath and sink.

Had a pamper session this morning and have a UU - Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair Mask. WBA really liked this.

Planned in for this month:
    L'Oreal Foundation
    Percy & Reed Hair Oil

My PP hit list continues

Dirty Worx Body Oil - total LHJ
    Balance Me Hand Cream
    Tigi shampoo and conditioner set - even bigger LHJ
    Elle Macpherson foot lotion
    Mont Blonc Presence fragrance
    Molton Brown Ultrasmooth Coco de Mer Body Lotion
    Ren Moisturiser

One In to use when I'm over at my BF's - Beauty Box by Debenhams which has load of eye shadows (got it reduced for £3)

Will post my stash list a little later.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Hi I would love to join.

I will start with two INS as I needed them. I will compile a list later on :)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, I am a user of Indeed Labs Hydraluron, it is amazing stuff. I mostly use it just in the morning, over my serum, under moisturiser. A pea sized amount does my face and then anything left on fingers goes on backs of hands. It really plumps my skin and makes it look dewy and hydrated, and to be able to say that at 60+ I think is great. It can feel sticky if you use too much and agree that for me it needs to be over serum.

I shall be declaring a UU soon of Dr Organics Aloe Vera Lip Balm, this is now on my HG list and it is spf15, I only need it once or twice a day. For very chapped lips or that seriously sore red skin you get around nostrils and top lip when you have a cold there is only one product for me and that is Cymex Cold Sore Cream, yellow packaging with green writing. I don't find it that good for cold sores:(, but for soreness and dryness it is amazing.

The Pixie Tonic is good, but as mentioned before, for my skin I don't think any difference short term from Clarins Exfoliating Toner, will report back after a month.

I looked earlier at buying the No7 Glycolic peel kit to take advantage of No7 £5 voucher, but neither of the branches that I would be near today stocked it, the voucher is no good for online purchase and the cost of a 50+ mile return trip plus parking isn't practical, so internet it will have to be at some stage.:(

I had cold sores so badly for a few years (poor imune system) that I bought one of the Infra-red light stick thingies, it is amazing. This winter I started to get a few sores for the first time after 5 or 6 years, but as the product still works, hopefully I will banish them again:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I just fill up my little vaseline lip therapy tin now and then from the big tub :) :money:

Now that is a nifty idea! I don't really go in for the flavoured ones. But do have one of those massive 99p tubs but because it is so big I have only ever used when dying my hair, or on press studs on the boat cover... don't ask...

I might have to pop in if I'm near Argos though to use to top up next time...
    x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • nillionaire
    nillionaire Posts: 121 Forumite
    edited 28 February 2014 at 1:12PM
    Options
    :j I've been waiting a couple of weeks for this post to come up! :j

I would love to join the challenge this month if I may :) My two worst spending areas are clothes and beauty buys, therefore this year I have a clothes budget and would like to get to the point of only having products I use daily and a couple of 'treats' for at home pampering :)

Here's my hit list (please note this is not everything just the things I am going to work on this month, other products I have i generally do use very often :

Face
    2 x gosh eyeshadow trios
    Urban decay dangerous palette
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Old collection 2000 powder[/COLOR]
    4 x testers for garnier moisturisers
    Tester for rimmel stay matte foundation
    4 x packs of Huggies baby wipes (used for removing make up)

Body
    Joules mini body lotion
    Joules mini body butter
    Huge e45 lotion pump bottle
    Donkey milk soap on a rope (from France)
    Betty & walter body lotion
    Original source shower gel raspberry and vanilla

Hair
    Bb thickening hairspray mini
    Tony and guy leave in conditioner
    L’oreal sea salt spray
    L’oreal elvive shampoo tester
    Herbal essences shampoo
    Herbal essences conditioner
    V05 revive me daily shampoo
    V05 revive me daily conditioner
    Alberto Balsam raspberry conditioner

Nails
    Half bottle of nail polish remover
    1/31 nail polishes used !!!! EEEEEEEK

Perfume
    Madagascan vanilla by body shop
    2 x Hollister Laguna beach body sprays
    Kate moss perfume

Therefore 33 general products to use up PLUS 31 nail polishes= 64 products on the hit list!
    Frugal Student!!!
  • CookieMonsta
    CookieMonsta Posts: 296 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2014 at 5:36PM
    Options
    I love the rosy lips one Cookie as it gives a hint of pink.

It is very pretty :) but I don't get on with the taste for some reason.
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • minicooper272
    Options
    Right, so I have now bought my 2 necessary INS this month :

Caramex lip balm
    Garnier make up remover

I was really very tempted by Boots Sanctuary Spa valentines special offer - had to try very hard to resist buying. I was extremely good value for money, but I don't need the items at all. I don't really bother with valentines, so won't even ask the OH to treat me to it.
  • BlueSky1
    BlueSky1 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Goodness me, I thought my cupboards were like the ad where they open the cupboard and the toilet rolls fall out, but you lot can beat me hands down!

Trouble is I can't resist a bargain - but then we all say that. Have you tried disciplining yourself to so may multiple numbers of an item? Ie 2 x deodorant so you don't run out? No? I can't manage it either :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure