Legit company?

Comments

• quaod
    quaod Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 10 July 2014 at 4:43PM
    Oh, hello. And at that very moment, registration finally went through...

Still waiting for an activation key / actual DL to appear :D We'll see!

e2a: oh, hello. Signs that they may be unusually ethical! They've now asked me to reply to a confirmation email, or they'll cancel the order. Given I no longer need the software, that's highly promising... perhaps! Have replied, explaining my situation...

Fingers crossed, anyhows...
  • ducky2004
    ducky2004 Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Coopdivi wrote: »
    That's another scam website but I'm sure you knew that anyway. :D

They claim to have two stores, one in London and the other in Brooklyn, New York. Yes you like Brooklyn don't you? :rotfl:

The London address is an office and the one in New York is a 99 Cent store.

They claim to be an LLC in USA and a limited company in the UK. All lies. Neither exist.

Came here again due to the exceedingly 'good price' that Mrhightech offers and thought I would check it out.

I had a look at companies house:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

the company MrHighTech Ltd DOES NOT EXIST in the companies house database.I think I would try one of those reputable store instead....
  • MBE_2
    MBE_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    This company has been using our Belfast address without our permission or consent. We are not and have never been affiliated with MRHIGHTECH
  • gunwin
    gunwin Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 19 August 2014 at 7:58PM
    They registered as a company in Northern Ireland on 23/07/2014 according to the companies house website. However, they also appear to have cloned Mailboxes Etc's street address (as mentioned by MBE above):

Name & Registered Office:
    MR HIGH TECH LIMITED
    21 BOTANIC AVENUE
    BELFAST
    UNITED KINGDOM
    BT7 1JJ
    Company No. NI625804

I suspect post #8 Skeptic819 above may be a sock puppet also responsible for some of the trust pilot reviews with effusive comments about 'awesome customer service'.
  • i had no issues with them to be honest.. also my debit card is fine months after buying from them... perhaps they solved whatever issue they were having . their payment page doesn't seem the most trustable out there for sure :) i was skeptic too and i used a debit card just for that specific website without any problems, the card is fine, really. i like them somehow, support is great and friendly. i had issues with my laptop and they helped me to solve it.... overall i would say they are ok. I too agree that PayPal would be a better option, but i have seen worse to be honest and mrhightech seems to be fine to me, not like many other scam sites i found lately, they are a real nightmare....
  • Strange that like the suspect poster above you say you bought from them months ago but the company only formally came into existence last month.
  • Pleut
    Pleut Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post
    Strange that most of the people in this thread are brand new members >.<
    New to this money saving lark. Any tips greatly received.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2018 - Not going well!!
  • I was 1 click away from sending my card details! - but then I did some investigation...

The address given, 21, Botanic Avenue, Belfast is a shop called MAIL BOXES ETC - look it up on Google streetview.
    Any positive reviews on this site are first-time posters - ie fake reviews.

btw, yes, I'm a first-time poster too - I joined especially to pass on this info about a suspect company. Hope it helps some people.
  • wow so much hate! its been quite a while since i used Mr High Tech. my credit card is perfectly fine and their customer service has been helpful. They don't deserve all this hate in my opinion. I honestly had a very positive experience with Mr High Tech. I hope you all have a wonderful day! -Esther :heart2::heart2:
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Still spamming your own website I see, esther78.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure