Calculating CSA amounts

2»

Comments

• xoAmyox
    xoAmyox Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I get £20 a week currently, but after several years of only £5 a week I feel that he should be contributing more. I know full well he doesn't work full-time so he can get away with paying me less.

He has a new partner (don't know if she works), and he's very adept at getting what he wants out of people so he'll survive.
  • Marisco
    Marisco Posts: 42,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If it's on CSA 2, then it's irrelevant what his partner earns. She probably pays for his phone etc. The "going" rate on CSA 2 is 15% of his income. If they have a child, he'll have a bit knocked off, and if they get CTC that will be added onto his income for CM purposes. If he was only paying £5 previously, then he was probably unemployed, that is the "going" rate for those out of work.
  • xoAmyox
    xoAmyox Posts: 553 Forumite
    You say if they have a child, does it make any difference if it is their child, or a child from outside of their relationship? Does the child have to live there, or does it make a difference if they only stay part of the week?

I think that they probably have joint tax credits, so how is the calculation worked out then?
  • fannyanna
    fannyanna Posts: 2,622 Forumite
    xoAmyox wrote: »
    You say if they have a child, does it make any difference if it is their child, or a child from outside of their relationship? Does the child have to live there, or does it make a difference if they only stay part of the week?

I think that they probably have joint tax credits, so how is the calculation worked out then?

It's any resident child. So even if it's not biologically his your CSA will be effected.

Which (even as an NRPP) is completely wrong in my opinion.
  • Marisco
    Marisco Posts: 42,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    xoAmyox wrote: »

If the child is the partners, and lives with your ex and her, then that will affect your CSA. If the child only has access visits, then that will not count, as it's the parent the child lives with that will be claiming CTC, not your ex and his partner. If they claim WTC, then if he earns the most, all WTC will be taken into account, if they earn the same, then half will be included as income, but if she earns more than him, then WTC will not be taken into account at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure