I'm Back - and better! Final Push to Go...

Comments

• I use noddle. It was recommended on here, a nice clear layout. Hello by the way!
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • Exerbusi2
    Exerbusi2 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Hi Zippy!

Checked my balance today - my payments have gone through, so my current CC balance is £4,353.30.

I'm owed that nearly £2k which should be paid by early April. Today I'm going to give them a little nudge just to remind them that I'm still here. That will almost all go into savings just to start my tax savings for the year.
    Loan [STRIKE]£5000[/STRIKE] £0; Overdraft [STRIKE] £700[/STRIKE] £0
    Savings [STRIKE]£0[/STRIKE] +£1500; Share Portfolio [STRIKE]£0[/STRIKE] +£4000
    £0 Credit Card [STRIKE]£6800[/STRIKE] £1700
  • Evening Exerbusi2 yes it's the weekend! How are the new clothes suiting you? Still got the receipts? Tags still on?!

Good to hear the payments have gone through, keep knocking that debt down!
    Well it's 7 days until pay day. I'll be in such a good mood. Two weeks off for the Easter holidays and two weeks today I'll be in Egypt so cannot wait. I'm out for a couple of evening meals next week but it'll only be £25 each evening. I want to then throw money at some of these debts. Not yet had my money from my sister but I did send her a loan agreement through just so she knows I'm good for it!
    The lady sadly didn't come round for the candles on Thursday, however, I think she is genuine as she seemed genuinely sorry (car wouldn't start) and sent me another deposit of £60 via Paypal as she felt so guilty.
    I'll be £260 up if she takes them. Hopefully she will. She is due tomorrow to collect but we shall see.
    I've realised that if I can be debt free by April 2019 (that's the snowball calculator from when I started in September), it'll be a month before I hit 4-0 so what an incentive!!
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • Happy Saturday!

I've sold some candles!

The lady came today, paying £260 we agreed for the candles. However, she then wanted some more, we struck a deal fair to both parties and, well, let's say I can now throw an extra £520 at the debt! Plus I've made a bit of room too! It would have took me such a long time to sell 58 candles weighing 653g each!
    The Zopa loan is looking in a vulnerable position now! If it had feelings it would realise that it's not going to live as long as it thought it would! Looking at my signature, the Zopa dept was £6185.75 at the end of September. There's a possibility that this debt could be about £2500 by the end of this month!
  • Exerbusi2
    Morning!

That's fantastic news - well done you! So not only was the woman genuine all along, but she ended up buying more than you thought! Fantastic!

So yesterday I bought a load of vegetable seeds and plants, ready to go into the vegetable boxes today. I really enjoyed growing the food last year and it's a great way to get the boys into vegetables!

Not only that - it saves us money too! Last year our onions, potatoes, salad vegetables and herbs saved us a small fortune! Plus they were organic and very tasty!

I'm expanding the vegetable growing operation this year! I've bought...
    • Onions
    • Potatoes
    • Savoy Cabbage
    • Peas
    • Rocket
    • Pak Choi
    • Broccoli
    • Sage
    • Thyme
    • Mint
    • Garlic
    • Rosemary

I'm also going to build a new, smaller vegetable box that I will grow tomatoes in. Finally, I promised the boys they could have a sunflower each, so I'll probably end up doing that too!
  • Morning.
    The lady has actually been in touch about 3 more candles she wants and we've agreed a price of £41 for 3. If she is interested in maybe ten more, then fantastic. Like I said before, I just want to finish next week and I'll be in holiday mode plus be able to update my signature. As this holiday is all inclusive and I've paid it all already, when I get home on the 17th, it'll be half way through April! I feel like the Man Utd team, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!
    I've never done the whole growing food thing. Is it because we live in a small flat with no garden perhaps? My partner loves looking after plants and I think if we had a garden, he'd love it.
    In school this week we are painting Sunflowers by van Gogh. They look pretty good at the end of the week (3 week Art lesson).
    Anyway, I'm a bit addicted to this site, need to take a break really but it stops me spending!
  • Take a read of this quote...
    Hmmm Exerbusi2 - spanner in the works.
    Sainburys say it's down to the loan company to work out whether they process it as a BT or a purchase.
    The Loan company say they do not credit with credit and it's just a debit card only. I wonder if that's the same for all loan companies. Probably so.
    Bit annoying really but at least I've managed to move the Virgin CC debt over which was due to expire in July 2017 at 0%. This works out I think paying £84.85 per month (T&C say 2.25% of the balance) instead of the current £200 I pay. I would then have about £116 which can go on one of the loans as well as my monthly figure.
    Sorry I haven't asked much or commented about your goings on, just trying to get my head round this, and quickly! I'll be back on form soon.

Hi Exerbusi2 (and others) I hope you are ok.
    Had an interesting finance day today.
    First of all, I've booked a 2 night stay in Bruges for my partner and I. I thought it was a good deal. £361 for 2 return tickets on Eurostar and 2 nights. We will split that so £180 for a little break in May/June (coincides with birthdays).
    This is the tricky part...I had my Yorkshire bank CC come through today, you know the one which is 0% on purchases for 24 months? Well... I rang them today to see about money transfers and they said that as long as I have a sortcode and account number from my loan company, then they can transfer my CC credit to pay off this loan AND it would class as a BT. This is not the answer that Zopa gave me. Hence why I've quoted a previous thread. This card also has a 12month 0% on BTs. It has a 1% minimum payment which is extremely low and I imagine it's this low to make you then pay interest after the 12 months is up. There is a 3% fee for the BT which is £115 but paying off the Zopa loan gave me a final settlement figure of £4577.25 which saves me £178.37 in interest.
    I'm a bit unsure what to do really. Am I going to make this complicated for myself? I'm also not sure where I should throw this £2k at from my sister?
    I was paying £653pm regularly off my debts, which was my Virgin CC (£200) Zopa (£230) Tesco (£222).
    Now I think that i'm going to be paying roughly £86 to the CC (now Sainsburys) £133 to my sister (for the £2k loan). £223 for the Tesco loan. I could throw the £2k loan at the Zopa (as previously stated) then do a BT from the YorkshireBankCC of £2577 to the Zopa Loan, and then set up a minimum payment of £220 to the Yorkshire bank and clear the £2577 in a year.

I've probably given you brain freeze now.
  • Exerbusi2
    I'd double check with ZOPA. It's also worth reading up on the rules - if they're misleading you it may be simply to keep you as a customer and make more money from you. If nothing else, ask them for a sort code and account number then clear it all up that way.

As for the £2k, I'd see where the land lies when ZOPA is removed. I'd never be hasty on anything like this, see what your needs are and then make a decision.

Once you're clear, you'll make the right decision. If you're confused, you probably need more thinking time on it.
  • Exerbusi2
    So I'm neck-deep in project prep at the moment. I'm getting there - all of my 'work' is done on it, I just need to pack my equipment and then I'm good to go!

I've also had confirmation that £1,960 I'm owed will be paid to me next week, which is FANTASTIC! I'll probably put £500 or so of that towards the credit card. When I'm paid for my project, which will be around £1,800, I'll probably pay £800-£1000 off the credit card.

Add to that my £300 my girlfriend still owes me and I'll have paid off £1,800 off the credit card before them summer and STILL manage to save most of the money for my tax bill before the year end.

What I'll then do is funnel any excess cash towards the debt.

Fingers crossed that by the end of May my signature will look very different!
  • Exerbusi2
    So, odd but happy finding today...

I checked my CC balance and was surprised to see it's down to £4,353.30 - nearly £120 less than I thought it was! This is because there is a 3 day delay between a payment being made and the amount coming off your balance, so it's a nice surprise!

The goal now - get the CC balance to less than £3k by the end of June!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport