PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• flipper_72
    flipper_72 Posts: 671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been awol and boy does it show! June for me ended at an eye watering £411.76 against my budget of £250.
    I don't think I am going to be as bad this month but need to check the bank account as one of my main shopping receipts isn't attached to the calendar where it should be, currently at 142.49/250.
    I need to get back on top of it.
  • flipper_72
    flipper_72 Posts: 671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very relieved as I don't have another main shop as it was done in June so less of a disaster!
    Sig updated for previous months.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Top up shop in Lidl, should see rest of month out, eggs, lemons, lettuce, yoghurt, mushrooms, soft cheese, avocados, and a reduced chicken should last 2 or 3 days.
    Petrol tank full as going visiting rellies next weekend, which is a 500 mile round trip, just over half a tank full.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Did my weekly shop in Aldi for £28.27 including dog food and some toiletries. Their version of Alberto Balsam shampoo and conditioner is on offer at 35p so I got two of each as I really like it. The raspberry one smells lovely. Also £2 in Poundland on laundry gel and a pack of toothbrushes.
    I get paid on the 28th so I won't need another big shop but will need fruit, salad and milk midweek. I'm really hoping to come in at under £100 which will give me an extra £40 holiday spends:j
    This thread has kept me so focused - I love it and am very, very grateful:)
    PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    $22.81 today. Onions were $1 each! Yikes!!!

Sig updated
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Smiley87
    Smiley87 Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Totally blown this month's budget with a trip to Costco and a scandalous number of ice creams needed with the heat. I've come in at £469.82 already with 8 days to go! However, we are well stocked in certain items so I won't be buying them for quite a while - hopefully this will balance out over the next few months!

Need to try and get the balance right with this because we're putting an offer in for a house later and we need to be more consistent with the pennies.
  • t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nsd yesterday. yipee!x
  • HB2020
    HB2020 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hello
    From 13 to 22 July I've spent a total of £105.88/£250.00
    This was on three weekly shops and includes household items, such as, Toilet roll, washing powder, dishwasher powder. I now have full cupboards and need to meal plan and cook simple receipes.

HB2027
    DEBTS:- Credit Cards Tesco 0% to 25/10/19 £2,391.77,
    Virgin 0% to 31/05/19 £4,575.00 TOTAL DEBT £6,966.77

Pay off all debts before Xmas 2018 No 037 £0/£2650
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah. £20+ of hot smoked salmon/trout for £6 as the farmers market closed. Broken up and open frozen at least 6 meals - scrambled eggs, and my favourite potato and smoked fish bake with the YS dill in the freezer. Yuuuum.

Accepted that I'm going to be well over this month, but freezer is stuffed with lots of lovely MF meat, and now fish. I'm going to try and live out of it for August.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • GunShotResidue
    Options
    Thrown slightly by unexpected (but welcome!) guests that meant I had to change meal plans and buy some bits that we don't usually have, so we have spent £167.82 this month. £7.82 over budget, but I'm fairly happy with that, all things considered! We shouldn't have to spend anything else until at least Friday, which is pay day so the start of next month.

This thread has been really good at stopping me popping to the shops every day for things I don't need. We are away most of next month, but I will be joining in again in September :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure