Janey's Journey to Becoming a MFW

Comments

• ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks Alchemilla, I may need that good luck :)

Wow, I'm really on a roll today. Just booked a hotel near the airport for the night before our flight for £37 with 12% cashback through £co and 200 nectar points. Also everything I have booked today has been on the T£sco credit card so earning clubcard points too!

Looking forward to a lie-in and arriving at the airport relaxed and on time, instead of the usual stressed, tired and late after a 6 hour drive through relentless roadworks!
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Hello, glad you started the diary.

Sounds like you have an exciting time ahead of you, so will look forward to hearing all about it
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Wow. Hotel sounds a bargain.
  • Hi Janey, really pleased you've started your own diary. You will get support, advice and much laughter :)

I wish you well with your plans.

Best wishes Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • ljaneyr
    Forumite
    Hi Tilly and Goldiegirl and thanks for dropping in!

I'm subscribing to everyone's diaries but reckon I've got weeks of catching up ahead of me :o

Just in from a nice 2.3 mile walk and the sky is lovely and clear, hope the sunny weather hangs around for a bit!
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • ljaneyr
    Forumite
    Afternoon all!
    • hung up washing to dry without using tumble dryer
    • Mr T delivery put away by moi (i.e. all in the correct cupboards, unlike when OH does it)
    • £6 spent on a pilates class
    • e0n direct debit increased from £61 to £75 :mad:
    • filled up car at Mr T with 8p off per litre :j

I don't feel like I've done very much today. The sun is trying to shine and we're just about to go out for a walk if I can wake OH up. He had to work earlier and is now snoozing on the sofa!

Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday :)
  • ljaneyr
    Forumite
    edited 13 April 2014 at 9:44AM
    Morning everyone

I'm feeling a bit off this morning. It's been an emotional week, but I have crossed a lot of items off of my never ending 'to do' list. I'm probably just tired :o

Anyway, I can't cope without the previously mentioned list so am off to write one. It will include 'organise wedding' ... maybe that needs to be broken down into more manageable steps :rotfl:

On the MFW front:
    • I'm hoping for a NSD
    • Feeling tempted to re-jig my budget again, but think I need to let the current one settle first!

It's sunny :D

Have a lovely day everyone :cool:
  • ljaneyr
    Forumite
    After a slow start this morning, today has been very productive :j
    • 2 loads of washing dried outside without use of tumble dryer
    • Passport forms printed, just waiting for OH's photo
    • Picked up after dog in garden (thank goodness she's small!)
    • Filled garden waste bin ready for collection next week
    • 2 trips to the dump getting rid of general building waste/carp that had accumulated by the back door
    • Dog walked - 2.5 miles by the sea :)
    • Have been given a mahoosive bag of dog food! Enough for a year or more for our small dog :j
    • Not a NSD, succumbed to pasties for lunch :o

I'm now relaxing with a cuppa and the last slice of cake. Just got the vacuuming to do and then we're going to look at wedding venues :D:(:D:(
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Sounds like you got a lot done. The dog walking and the pasties sound good:)
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • ljaneyr
    Forumite
    edited 15 April 2014 at 8:26AM
    Thanks Goldiegirl, it was lovely :D

In comparison to yesterday, today is very much failing on the productivity front. The plan was to get as much work done as possible for next term as I will be quite busy for the rest of the week. So far I have worked for about an hour and achieved very little :(

On the other hand I have also:
    • Hung two loads of OH's washing out to dry for free!
    • Unloaded the dishwasher
    • Sat in the sun for an hour with a book:D

Not a lot considering it is nearly 3pm :eek:

So, enough procrastinating, time to get back to it!

Janey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure