Calling time on PIP

To tell you the truth I have had it.
What with the replies that I have been getting, and the opinions that I am facing an almost impossible task in turning over the PIP decision, and the lack of help from any outside welfare rights agency I am closing the book on the PIP claim. I just cannot cope with rejection - it is a personal thing.
I've been told that I should not claim it if I don't need the money, it was my fault that CAB didn't get back to me in time, my fault that I didn't get a 14 day extension from the DWP when I was offered 7 days and worst still, it's my fault that I am ill which makes me irrational and unable to see things/deal with things.

I just hope that nobody else has to try to cope with what has been thrown at me.

Comments

• cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So long Andy, until the next user name :)
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,723
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    cbrown372 wrote: »
    So long Andy, until the next user name :)
    That's it... I've been off these boards for some time but when I returned I knew the persona had been about before.. just couldn't think of the name. But psychologically identical. Needless to say I take with pinch of salt the claims being made.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • Andy & Flo received a lifetime MSE ban. But has returned time and time again under different AE's.
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Oh boo hoo. Poor you!
  • rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2017 at 8:46AM
    Where has all of that come from????
    Some seriously strange postings.

Anyhow you shouldn't judge others so I'll say no more.
    This thread was nothing more than putting it out there of the closure of the PIP claim.
    I didn't want others to keep advising and using up their valuable time on a claim that I am no longer pursuing.

However I won't give up that easily, I am now seeking advice on how to go about making a claim for Attendance Allowance. Is it the same as PIP? Is it easier to get? Does it give an automatic right to a BB? Having now to tax the car all I am looking for is a rate that brings in enough to cover the tax element.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,841
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Where has all of that come from????
    Some seriously strange postings.

Anyhow you shouldn't judge others so I'll say no more.
    This thread was nothing more than putting it out there of the closure of the PIP claim.
    I didn't want others to keep advising and using up their valuable time on a claim that I am no longer pursuing.

However I won't give up that easily, I am now seeking advice on how to go about making a claim for Attendance Allowance. Is it the same as PIP? Is it easier to get? Does it give an automatic right to a BB? Having now to tax the car all I am looking for is a rate that brings in enough to cover the tax element.
    AA is similar to PIP but there's no mobility. Having only recently be refused PIP you may find they'll refuse you AA too. No it doesn't give a Blue Badge because there's no mobility part.
  • poppy12345 wrote: »
    AA is similar to PIP but there's no mobility. Having only recently be refused PIP you may find they'll refuse you AA too. No it doesn't give a Blue Badge because there's no mobility part.
    Thanks
    I believe that the reason for the PIP failure is entirely down to how the Jobcentre filled the form out for me. The evidence I have is excellent.
    So with a better completed application form surely they will look at the content and not refer back to the mess created by the JC?
    OK. My BB expires in September and as I don't drive anymore it really isn't a problem. My wife who does the driving has her own BB.
    As I have said, I'm not bothered what rate I am offered or where it comes from just as long as it covers the cost of the road tax.
    It would be acceptable to me for the government to acknowledge my disabilities by making such an award.
    I can't find any reference to the descriptors for Attendance Allowance - does anyone have any info please?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,841
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks
    I believe that the reason for the PIP failure is entirely down to how the Jobcentre filled the form out for me. The evidence I have is excellent.
    So with a better completed application form surely they will look at the content and not refer back to the mess created by the JC?
    OK. My BB expires in September and as I don't drive anymore it really isn't a problem. My wife who does the driving has her own BB.
    As I have said, I'm not bothered what rate I am offered or where it comes from just as long as it covers the cost of the road tax.
    It would be acceptable to me for the government to acknowledge my disabilities by making such an award.
    I can't find any reference to the descriptors for Attendance Allowance - does anyone have any info please?
    Doesn't make any difference you still got refused. If you were that certain it was filled out wrong you would continue with your PIP MR. So many people have give you so much advice and now you're moving onto AA. I have no idea what the sense of that is. I recently read a few stories of someone in your possition who was on DLA before and was asked to transfer to PIP, they were refused PIP decided not to ask for the MR instead applied for AA. They were refused that too. If you're certain of the fact the form was filled out wrong then continue with the MR. Anyway i'm done with advicing you because we're just going round in circles.. i wish you good luck.
  • poppy12345 wrote: »
    Doesn't make any difference you still got refused. If you were that certain it was filled out wrong you would continue with your PIP MR. So many people have give you so much advice and now you're moving onto AA. I have no idea what the sense of that is. I recently read a few stories of someone in your possition who was on DLA before and was asked to transfer to PIP, they were refused PIP decided not to ask for the MR instead applied for AA. They were refused that too. If you're certain of the fact the form was filled out wrong then continue with the MR. Anyway i'm done with advicing you because we're just going round in circles.. i wish you good luck.

I can only be that certain if and when the DWP send me a copy of the PIP2. But given what I found when looking at the first 5 or so pages and the refusal to consider any of the evidence submitted it only makes me believe that it is the claim form that caused the problem.
    Others have said on here that if I go along and challenge the content of the claim form via a MR or appeal, it is only going to give rise to them thinking that I don't really have any difficulties or needs and that I am trying to amend what was said on the form to get an award.
    I would look a complete idiot at a Tribunal if I was asked to explain why I am challenging my own claim.
    I cannot believe that every claim made had the backing of professional welfare advice, there must be many others who failed to give a good enough account of their needs.
    Making a fresh claim for a totally different benefit and delaying sending it in for as long as it takes to get proper advice and help seems to me to be the best way forward.
    You are under no obligation to give me any advice if that is your stance. Maybe others will be more forgiving?
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure