Affect Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Chrishazle
    Chrishazle Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    katejo wrote: »
    What is a 3 phase supply please? Have never heard the term before.

Not normally found in domestic premises, more for business premises, I think our cul-de-sac has it because most of the houses originally had electric storage heating. With 3 phase I believe you can connect across 2 phases to get supply at 400+V instead of the normal 240V, so run more powerful machinery. I'm not an electrician (hate electricity with a purple passion!). It can be useful, occasionally we have had a supply interruption on 1 phase rather than all 3, but it can cause head scratching - I recently installed powerline adapters for my BB/BTTV, the router was on 1 phase and the TV on another so needed 3 adapters to get the signal to the TV (and a hole in the wall to get a cable from the back of the router to a power point in the living room!).
  • Chrishazle
    Chrishazle Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Tecstar, I think if you log into your account online you can change your DD date there.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Chrishazle wrote: »
    Not normally found in domestic premises, more for business premises, I think our cul-de-sac has it because most of the houses originally had electric storage heating. With 3 phase I believe you can connect across 2 phases to get supply at 400+V instead of the normal 240V, so run more powerful machinery. I'm not an electrician (hate electricity with a purple passion!). It can be useful, occasionally we have had a supply interruption on 1 phase rather than all 3, but it can cause head scratching - I recently installed powerline adapters for my BB/BTTV, the router was on 1 phase and the TV on another so needed 3 adapters to get the signal to the TV (and a hole in the wall to get a cable from the back of the router to a power point in the living room!).
    Yes I googled it and concluded that I was unlikely to have it. Haven't yet contacted Affect. keep nearly doing it and then putting it off !
  • Just had my first monthly bill from them, switch was painless and went without a hitch.

Thumbs up from me so far, all okay.
  • tecstar
    tecstar Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Chrishazle wrote: »
    Tecstar, I think if you log into your account online you can change your DD date there.

i couldn't change it online as the website said I had to call. If that call is anything to go by then my experience with Affect will be a great one. Friendly, quick, efficient. Was on the phone 3 minutes (or maybe less) and changed my DD no problem. Couldn't ask for a better experience.
  • nickwilliams2803
    nickwilliams2803 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 April 2017 at 5:05PM
    Seamless switchover, info pack arrived in minutes, have had cause to contact customer service twice, one regarding gas conversion factors for a spreadsheet I run and the second time for info on how to read the British Gas smart meters now that BG have disconnected the wi-fi link to the readout unit.
    Both times I have receive excellent responses from Affect, so far I'm 100% satisfied with them.
    :T
  • katejo
    Seamless switchover, info pack arrived in minutes, have had cause to contact customer service twice, one regarding gas conversion factors for a spreadsheet I run and the second time for info on how to read the British Gas smart meters now that BG have disconnected the wi-fi link to the readout unit.
    Both times I have receive excellent responses from Affect, so far I'm 100% satisfied with them.
    :T

Following your positive comments (and those of others before you), i have requested a switch to Affect from M & S Energy. Have got a quick reply with a first payment date and a starting date of April 30th. Will add an update later.
  • Thought I would pay different amounts per month on direct debit but it appears ill be paying the same amount for the 12 months. Hopefully don't build up too much credit.
  • katejo
    Just to say that my transfer is going smoothly so far. I have provided first readings today and have been told that my DD payment will go out on the 6th. Like having a single payment instead of separate DD for gas and electricity.
    Have had a letter from my previous supplier so they do know about the changeover.
  • Hi,

Quick update: Signed up on the 24th April with switch over planned for the 11th May.

Current supplier aware as I have received a letter confirming and I am being flooded with missed calls on my home phone asking me to stay.

DD already set up.

Looking forward to improved service and cheaper bills.

Will post more after switchover.

David
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family