Comments

• peterfoster
    peterfoster Posts: 19 Forumite
    What an appalling story!

Try 0844 995 95 88
  • charleyzee
    charleyzee Posts: 34 Forumite
    What an appalling story!

It gets worse! They now have all emails directed to the Philipines so, in response to my detailed email, I have a nonsensical reply from someone with the English skills of a 2 year old who asked me to call their 'helful staff at customer service' - 'helful' is a very apt description!
  • mainvein
    mainvein Posts: 16 Forumite
    i would really appreciate some direct to england contact number/email - been mis-sold a product (turns out from a dealer and not t-mobile even though they told me they were from t-mobile) and now t-mobile wont sort out or honour what was sold to me, they just want to upsell me another contract or pay to terminate my new one. they kept me on hold for an hour! and total call was 77 mins. really want to get through to a uk based head office person now - any help would be appreciated
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sue the dealer instead?
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    mainvein wrote: »
    really want to get through to a uk based head office person now - any help would be appreciated

I know this is not what you want to hear but T-mobile outsource calls and mail for a reason, if they have an available UK number then people will use it and tie up UK staff and increase costs.

Any number you get will be altered to forward to the call centres before you know it.

In your case as Grumbler has said you need to go back to the retailer not T-Mobile and again I'm sorry this will not be what you want to hear...
  • Bales1983
    Bales1983 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Hi Charley,

Firstly very sorry to hear of your troubles. All of our call centres (three in UK and two overseas) work on a queue basis. So if a UK agent is available then they will take the call but if not will be routed to outsource. What the agent said about no direct number is true, as customer service agents we have no direct line.

May i ask what the problem is exactly ie which dealer and what was it you were told you would have and what you actually got? Also you say we have tried to upsell? What happened exactly? Ill try my best to help from our end if possible :)

Thanks and hoping to help

Lee
  • naj1234
    naj1234 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 January 2013 at 8:07PM
    I am so Appalled with t-mobile ever since they placed their call center in the Philippines i have never been so dis-valued as a customer before i have been with t-mobile for 10 years and this is how they treat customers when i'm the person paying them, with my monthly contracts not one but two, i had a MANAGER cut the phone on purpose because he could not be bothered to deal with my query of exchanging my phone which in the contract is under full warranty and is a manufactures problem the HTC ONE X has been discontinued in the UK, (i can only guess because of it's amazing malfunctions!) so they wont replace my handset instead take £20 off my bill so i can buy a new cheap phone and PAYG sim card then transfer my number to the other sim and then back to my micro sim when my phone is fixed, oh not to forget to mention i went to two different stores, they didn't even touch my phone to see it's problems, one even tried telling me to pay £60 towards a replacement phone as a deposit but later found out none of the stores actually had any phones to lend me if my phone went into repairs!! i just want the god damn phone replaced!!
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 2 January 2013 at 8:18PM
    Wow! It was a long sentence! My head started hurting when I reached the middle and abandoned it then.

If you speak about the warranty and manufacturer's problem, then you can deal with the manufacturer directly.

If you want to deal with T-mobile (supplier), you have to refer to the SOGA, not to the warranty. If they cannot prove that the fault is a result of some damage and refuse to replace/repair, send a Letter Before Action to their complaints department, then sue them via the Small Claims Court (online).
  • adamnsu
    adamnsu Posts: 184 Forumite
    IMO, T-mobile havent provided enough training or leverage to deal with UK customers and I sympathise to a certain extent.

However, the Phillipines call center agents seem to have a very low IQ. They dont listen to your question properly and cant excute normal commands.

I have had one agent ask me the same security question twice after he confirmed it was correct!

However it is much more better than talking to a Call Center Rep in India who have the most awful and snobbish accents.
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    adamnsu wrote: »
    IMO, T-mobile havent provided enough training or leverage to deal with UK customers and I sympathise to a certain extent.

Leaving aside the casual xenophobia consider why outsourced centres are used.

If you want a UK call centre it costs more, but people want the most "stuff" for the least cost. Did you consider service when you took the contract out or just go for the cheapest one?

If (as naj1234 said) you want a loan phone if yours has to go for a repair, you need to pay more for the service so they have spare loan phones available.

All offshore call centres can and do deal with a lot of issues, they probably resolve 80 to 90 % of problems there and then. However they have a call flow script and if it's more complex they can't handle it and escalate it. You may not like it, it may not work for you, but it keeps costs down and thats what people look at first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure