PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Comments

• FTM, you sound so happy, with very good reason. I bet you can't wait to see the girls.

Thank you so much for the update, take care and much love to you all

Candlelightx
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Congratulations FTM. Im sure you are bursting to see the new arrivals! I had never heard the name Esme untll last week and now I have heard of two babies with this name. It's a very nice and unusual name.
    Pass on my regards to Annie and her new family and do let us know how your visit goes:)
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi all..well today's visit is cancelled..my poor little Iris has been up all night being sick and is now laid on the sofa looking so pale and tired..Simon was throwing up too..he is in bed fast asleep..wow that actually came from no-where..i can't risk going to see Annie at all..i have spoken to her and she is coming home today and will be going back and forth til babies are big enough to come home..she has said that when all is clear i can go over with her and spend day with the them all..

Thank you for all the well wishes for her..she says"thank you"..and never knew her mum had such nice friends lol..
    Right i have to go and scrub both loo's..plus hang out some bedding to dry..
    I hope you all have a great day and enjoy the sunshine..
    love to you all
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • Good gracious FTM, it never rains but it pours. I hope you don't all catch the tummy bug, but I wouldn't put money on it, particularly you because you have to do the cleaning up:eek:

Take care, and I hope everyone feels better soon, and you are able to see the twins. It is good news Annie is allowed home, but she will feel tired travelling to the hospital every day.

Much love to you all

Candlelightx
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    FTM hope everyone does not get the bug but get well soon if you do. How disappointing not to be able to see the twins but certainly not advisable for a few days.
  • flowertotmum
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Candlelight..o yes i can almost guarantee i will get the bug..poor Iris is laid on sofa watching Toy Story films..Fern is ok but a little lost without her trusty sidekick..she does have a little tummy ache but will keep an eye on her to see whats what..Annie is still tired but elated and looking forward to some sleep in her own bed..i will see the twins next week hopefully..i don't want to pass anything on to any of them..

Nursemaggie..yes it is disappointing but safety first..Annie told me that the twins are not going anywhere in a hurry and will still be there next week..fingers crossed we are bug free by then..if not then i can wait a little longer..

As you can tell i am a little lost today..2 poorlies and not a lot to do really..maybe i should have a quick look on ebay lol..the house is very quiet..
    ftm

• Oh poor FTMs such a pity when you've all the excitement of the new babies and they must be itching to go and see them, poor Simon too, I hope it is very short lived and that you are all feeling much more the thing very soon. Look after yourselves, Lyn xxx.
  • flowertotmum
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Afternoon all..many thanks for the get well wishes..Iris is much improved today just no energy..Simon is totally on the mend too..still a bit quiet here..Fern has been reading Little Women and is almost finished..Sam has been at the allotment planting our onion crop.

Annie has been discharged from the hospital..she is home for now just catching up on sleep..but will visit daily..her husbands grandparents live 5 mins away from hospital and have offered to put her up and feed her for as long as it takes..so the new plan is Annie will be dropped off at the hospital in the morning by her husband on his way to work..the grandparents will pick her up in the afternoon..they will have a meal when husband gets back from work then both back to the hospital and then home..bless her she rang me crying her eyes out at having to leave the littles in hospital..she knows its the best place for them and they are ok but still a wrench for her..

So i will be visiting some time next week..hopefully bug free by then..i have a dodgy tummy but no sickness thankfully..

Well i was lost yesterday..so i spent majority of the day sewing,mending and polished my silver ware..caught up with laundry and ironing..
    Today i have started to gather everything together for the girls room..Sam has offered to help and Simon will help on the really awkward bits..or supervise lol.
    Well i hope you all are enjoying the weather today..i got all my patio sorted and table and chairs with parasol ready for today..just me and Fern have been sat outside..o well soon all will be better and we can be outside together..
    Right i have to go and sort tea out..just something light for us all i think..
    love to you all
    ftm

• Glad they're feeling better FTM and that you aren't feeling too horrid with the bug, lets hope it goes very quickly and you ALL feel better soon. Poor Annie, so hard but she really does need to catch up on herself before she has the task or rearing the two of them at once doesn't she, I can so feel for her and fully understand just how she feels having to leave them and go home herself. Take the time you need to get YOURSELF better and 100% again before you launch into renovation mode though, you need to be kind to you as well as the family!!!
  • FTM I can imagine how Annie feels, and of course hormones are wizzing around her body as well. The twins are in the right place for them at the moment, and how kind of her Husband's grandparents to let her rest and eat there. If she can have 40 winks between leaving the hospital and before they eat in the evening it will do her the world of good, and she will feel refreshed when she sees Esme and Olivia in the evening.

I am pleased the invalids are feeling a little better, I hope the bug doesn't go any further, but please take things steady, we want you fit and well when you see the babies and Annie of course. I bet you just want to give her a great big hug, clever girl.

DD is now officially unemployed. She went to a meeting at the hospital on Wednesday, they were very kind to her, and it was all a little emotional, but it wasn't unexpected of course. She obviously can't nurse on a ward when she still has to use one crutch but it is the only job she has ever done and she is 47 this year. As a Mum we always think we can make things right, but sometimes we can't. She is our first born and we love her dearly She is being very brave and looking on it as another phase in her life, another challenge. She has physio next week and also sees the Consultant, but I think that will be routine.

We took her out for a carvery today, which she enjoyed, and she seems in good spirits. I think now the decision has been made it is a load off her mind and she can look to the future, albeit a different one to what she had planned. She doesn't know what she will do, because she can neither sit nor stand for long periods, but she has time to think long and hard about that. I would like her to enjoy the summer, and I know she is enlisting the help of our DGS to help decorate her lounge when he has finished his exams, and also DGD1s boyfriend. They are both over 6 foot so I don't think they will need step ladders :). It is a project to keep her motivated, and I am sure she is fed up f looking at the same 4 walls.

Have a good weekend everyone, I understand Saturday and Sunday are likely to be cooler, but the last few days have been glorious.

Much love and lots of love to Fern, Iris, Esme and Olivia xxxx

Candlelightx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family