Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Smug face is on :D. Dh was out by 5.30 and I was up by 5.45 and exercising by 6.15. Twas a good'un too: a proper warm up (thank you Zuzka Light) followed by the MF workout twice through with a 5k dumbell and 10/20 reps. Followed by 10 x 50 high knees + 1 burpee. Fun! And dd slept all through it.

Dss due in about 45 mins. Dd is up but not planning on getting dressed any time yet...

Dd commented on how bare one of the sofas looks as it isn't covered in stuff, but cleared ready for people to actually sit on!

Off to wash up and then ...knit and wait for the doorbell to ring.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Plenty of stuffing + sewing up today - fiddly bit on the dogs.

After being super excited about dhbro's arrival, dd has now stated that he + gf aren't much fun. Poor them! They are now asleep. And dd is in with us, coughing a lot. Dh isn't impressed! Dd has been very emotional today, and may be fighting something off.

Ended up doing a food shop. If it had just been us, I'd have reckoned we had plenty, especially as dh goes away tomorrow. But having visitors - and not just any old visitors,but ones who have not stayed with us before - kind of 'required' more food in. Looking at what I fed them for tea, we actually only 'needed' 2 eggs. D'oh!!

They'll stay with us indefinitely from the start of Sept, so I MUST do a meal plan! Almost the first thing dss asked was how much rent we wanted. No idea! We've decided that they are guests this month. And hope they will find work soon thereafter. Dss is going to uni on the south coast; but gf's job hunting may take her to Lunnon. If that happens then their combined travel budget will be humungous. So we shall point gf towards more local agemcies, and get them both researching their type of jobs down nearer the uni.

Sharing our living space with 2 other big people for several weeks will bringits own challenges...
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Indefinite visitors?
    You are a saint.
  • apple_muncher
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    Indefinite visitors?
    You are a saint.

Thanks, Al! But no sainthood yet, and keep that halo safely packed away...

And Al, did you get up specially to wave off my dh? The car came for him at 3.45!

Dd coughed through the night. I moved her into her bed at 9.30pm ish, and she woke us (but thankfully not herself) several times. I reckon she'll be up soon. A quiet day ahead, maybe...Dss + gf have to go out and do things like banking today and, given that she considers them rather boring, dd may be happy without them. Tho I bet she'll miss them tomorrow when they're gone...

Dss has already gone out for a run. He did the Brisbane marathon in 3h39 - his first marathon ever!!

Today:
    - put out recyc for tomorrow, including garden waste
    - knit
    - take dd out - swim? Rec?
    - 2pm friend round
    - more clearing of the front garden?

Hmmm. Not a lot planned! Just the way the summer hols should be...
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Have a lovely day.
    Is it an asthmatic cough?
  • apple_muncher
    Nope - a phlegmy one. The sort I get, so it doesn't worry me. Just means I check on the ca1po1/ibuprofen supplies...!
  • Hi Apple, that's generous of you both to have them stay indefinitely - you do deserve the halo :)

Hope DD is feeling more like herself soon :)

I love the way you get up and get your exercising done early - I really need to steal this habit.

Best wishes Tilly x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • apple_muncher
    OK, I'm going to need to pick some brains.

How much should we charge dss + gf when they stay here? I have absolutely no idea and would welcome suggestions and amounts. Things to make sure we consider. Ground rules. Rotas???
  • apple_muncher
    Dd is still upset easily but doing ok thanks. We have had a quieter day, but still got out and about. And spent nowt at all. A friend of mine came over and dd happily chatted away to her.

Recyc is all out. No more gardening done. Popped into work to pick up a cheque - which will got o the s t r e t c h fund and may require me to up the fund (again! - this is supposed to be a tight month...?!) Then saw there was a fun day in a local park so went in there - free - and dd got in some bouncy castle and a go on the climbing wall.

Dss is making us a veggie stir fry for tea (no meat required as dh is away!).

Dh has arrived safely but sans bagages. He reckons they will return his bag to here. Why oh why? It got lost at Schipol airport and he is the one who needs it, not me!
  • apple_muncher
    Dd's consultant appts now shifted to annual. Yay! Got it booked already for the start of August 2016!

Dss + gf now in Poland for a week. Dd will be bored with just her mama around...

I got up to wave them off, then got my workout in. It was hard work so I just did 1 round with the 5k db, then 8 mins of tabata lunges/ jump lunges/ press ups/ ab exercises. Sufficient to cause a sweat.

Dh has located a laptop charger so is much happier. Still has no spare clothes or toiletries...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback