Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Comments

• Doc_N wrote: »
    You are joking? Ask Yodel to locate a parcel and confirm it's in front of them - an utter impossibility in my experience of this shower.

And collection if you live 20+ miles from their depot?

And checking which people are guaranteed to be in when making an order is well nigh impossible.

The answer, surely, is just for Yodel to do what they're paid to do, and deliver parcels on time, to the correct address.

If the driver can locate the parcel to attempt delivery with it, he can also give it to someone in the depot before he leaves and then its available for collection.It happens a lot.

20+ miles from your depot is still better than taking an unpaid day off work to wait in.

Checking who will be in-if you want guarenteed delivery then this is the way.Drivers cannot just keep on knocking on neighbours doors ad infinitum.

Be in to receive it and it will get delivered, simple.
  • Have to agree with Doc N here.
    How's this:
    Goods ordered via Ebay.Original consignment lost by courier at depot (to be fair don't know whether this was Yodel or not).
    Replacement sent and Yodel try to deliver 2/11.I'm not in.I work during the day.
    No contact phone number on card for depot to arrange redelivery-just a web address which appears to be wrong and a phone number which goes through to their automated redelivery line.To receive the delivery I have to be at home and book a day's holiday, and then use the automated phone system to rebook and is set up for today.Later go to the website and find tracking system doesnt work.Click through to online rebooking system and rebook with additional request.Rebooking acknowledged and confirmed by email at 20:30 3rd November
    Ok- now today.Requested on online system that goods to be delivered before 14:00 if possible as I have an appointment late afternoon.
    13:30- call their Manchester call centre as tracking system still doesn't work.Very polite young lady tells me their systems are down and asks me to call back later.Wait as long as I can but have to leave to attend appointment.Still no goods.
    16:00- return home - no card though door and no sign of goods.call the call centre again.Am told that despite acknowledgement goods have not left depot.I ask to speak to a supervisor to complain, or failing that, get an urgent callback to discuss( I work in customer services myself, and we get our butts kicked if we don't do what we say we're going to do).Flat refusal from young lady concerned to transfer me across,and claims a callback will take 48 hours. And, by the way, would I like my delivery rescheduled to sometime Monday? I don't take no for an answer,and finally get transferred across to a supervisor who will look into it and try and arrange a Saturday deliver.I'm currently waiting for a callback.
    Yodel- if you're reading this, this really isn't the way to run a logistic business! How will you cope if the economy picks up again and people start to buy things?:mad:

Totally agree.Depots used ot have their own office staff who could deal directly with customers and drivers.It worked very well and problems were minimal.Then someone decided to move the work to call centres who have no knowledge of the delivery side of the operation and make most of the office workers redundant.
  • OK- an update.
    Just after 17:30 I get a call from a manager at Yodel-they are arranging to get package to me between 9am and 13:00 Saturday.A result. Or so I thought.
    No delivery arrives and phone Yodel again.Goods still out for delivery on Monday despite call Friday night, and of course I won't be in as I will be at work.No chance of a call back today, as their phones lines shut down at 13:00 on a Saturday.I await a callback from them.Now where's that email address for their customer service director?
  • Bob-the parcel information may not have been updated correctly.In a morning, parcels are loaded and scanned onto the van.Sometimes you get ones that when you scan them come up with"Parcel on hold, alt day" in other words don't deliver it that day as the customer wants it on another one.The parcel won't allow itself to be scanned, so cannot be loaded whether the driver wants it to or not.
    I know you did want it that day, but my guess is someone, somewhere, entered the wrong day and it is unlikely to be anyone in the depot of the manager you spoke to.
    Which company was the parcel from?Not all companies are given a saturday service so this could also have some bearing on it.
  • The value of the goods isnt much but this is starting to turn into a point of principle.So is it in fact, that if somebody from Yodel- the delivery company who has my goods- claiming to be a manager- and informing me that the goods are to be delivered on a Saturday,is purely performing a delaying action to get me off their backs until after the weekend when it may or may not be redelivered as I won't be in? Not good business practice!
  • Well from my experience with my depot they would definitely not do this, its a lot less hassle to just deliver the parcel before even considering the customer service aspect.
    What company is the delivery from?I can probably tell you whether they have a saturday service with Yodel and that could have a bearing on it.
  • ive been annnoyed with them as on two ocassions when i wasnt in they literally threw the items over my back gate ,luckily they weren't breakable but that is not on
    Wins in 2011 -Pepsi Adventure Day ,Years magazine Subscription ,Dorset Cereals .Rimmel London lasting foundation ,Britney spears goodie bag and launch party tickets,
    Wins in 2012 -Red Letter Days voucher,fortnum and mason hamper, case of Bulmers Cider, ascot tickets, NKOTBSB tickets , jewellery
    2013 and the winning streak continues!
  • Funky, we get accused of this all the time.I don't know the layout of your gate but with many gates its possible to get it over the other side and on the floor without it leaving your hands.You just have to use your imagination a bit.
  • Funky, we get accused of this all the time.I don't know the layout of your gate but with many gates its possible to get it over the other side and on the floor without it leaving your hands.You just have to use your imagination a bit.
    thats fair enough but i know from my own experience my gate is actually near impossible to open from the outside :D
    Wins in 2011 -Pepsi Adventure Day ,Years magazine Subscription ,Dorset Cereals .Rimmel London lasting foundation ,Britney spears goodie bag and launch party tickets,
    Wins in 2012 -Red Letter Days voucher,fortnum and mason hamper, case of Bulmers Cider, ascot tickets, NKOTBSB tickets , jewellery
    2013 and the winning streak continues!
  • After waiting for my "next day" delivery to arrive at my office for the past 2 days, I finally managed to receive it today by sitting in the depot for an hour until the driver returned.
    The customer service team in the head office seem very nice, but ineffective. Despite many calls from myself and the shipper yesterday morning, and a "promise" to deliver before 5pm yesterday, there were NO attempted deliveries until (possibly) this morning at 8am - to an office address, on a Saturday. However no card was left so I wonder if that was just made up to look good on the tracking.
    No one- customer service, depot staff, driver- can explain where my packages have been for the past 2 days. Also my offer to collect the packages at the depot yesterday was not communicated to any of the depot staff at any time.
    The depot was full of disappointed, angry consignees, at least 1/2 of whom left without a package in hand. I felt very sorry for the 3 staff members who had to deal with all the complaints!
    Yodel - sort out your staffing issues (you certainly can't cut any more staff, you don't have enough as it is); sort out your internal communication; and sort out your online tracking which has been a joke throughout this experience!
    I will let you all know if I receive a response to the email I sent today - to both email addresses in this thread and cc'd to the shipper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure