Mysupermarket

jjs11
jjs11 Posts: 6 Forumite
I am not sure where I would be without it; I do my weekly grocery shop on a tablet which isn’t always the quickest process especially when dealing with websites such as Tesco and Asda groceries.

I now use my supermarket, not only does it quickly tell me which store is cheapest ( usually Asda) but it allows me to organise the items in price per unit order which many of the super market sites do not so you can actually compare products gram for gram to see what you are spending. This means I’m not easily fooled by deals which may not be as good as they seem…
Anyone else a big my supermarket fan?

Comments

• deely
    deely Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    huuuge fan!
    The best bit is when you go into Sainsbury's and they say 'your shopping is xx pounds cheaper' here and and I say - only because I only buy what I KNOW is cheaper here and shop elsewhere for the other stuff !!!

I now have 5 shopping lists - one each for the big 4 plus Aldi so over the course of 3-4 weeks I'll go to each of them for my bargains and have a couple of routes that lets me shop at 2 or 3 of them in one sweep.
  • PennyForThem_2
    PennyForThem_2 Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yeah - me too. Although I tend to look for pricy items on My supermarket rather than worry about all of the shopping. Maybe when I retire in 12 months
  • abibee
    abibee Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I've never used it, how does it work? Is it just a comparison site, so you still have to go to Asda or Tesco's sites to do your order? Or does it all go via the mysupermarket site?
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I use it to look up how much stuff costs, but I can't use it to shop at the cheapest shops because I buy so little stuff in supermarkets that to chase the cheapest would cost me more in fuel than the saving.

95% of my stuff comes from Lidl, which I walk to.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I used to be a fan, but since their latest changes, it's become too cumbersome for me.

I can't group all my favourites, and certainly don't like the basket as one long list.
    They may have improved the site for tablet users, but with margins between supermarkets often being so small now, I don't even bother looking at it sometimes.
  • *niptuckfan*
    *niptuckfan* Posts: 638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i love their app! i shop in all the local supermarkets - i have set up price alerts for branded stuff that we like so i only buy it when on sale :)
    How people treat you is their Karma: how you react is yours

• mrsHall2b
    mrsHall2b Posts: 521 Forumite
    abibee wrote: »
    I've never used it, how does it work? Is it just a comparison site, so you still have to go to Asda or Tesco's sites to do your order? Or does it all go via the mysupermarket site?

you do it all on mysupermarket then when you finish they 'send' the basket over to whichever supermarket website and you pay on there. its really simple to use.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    I have the app on my phone as it's great for creating an online shopping list for Aldi being that they don't have one of their own. Ok, it doesn't list absolutely everything they stock because of the rotating specials and seasonal items, but at least you can your basic list and know how much it will cost before visiting the store.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure