PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm very late I'm afraid, too many hospital visits and health issues with MrC and I took my eye off the ball completely in June. Please put me down for £350 Zippy, for July, if I'm not too late.

So far have spent £30.00 at Saynos but am not as well stocked up as usual, and the cardio friendly diet we are now both on is proving a little more costly - have always cooked from scratch so that's not a problem at all fortunately.
    Will update my signature later.
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone,

I left my purse at home yesterday when I went out, to help my rubbish willpower! Therefore, nsd :).

We had mince n mash for dinner. The ch liked it, except they moaned that I put too much onion in it... So next time, I shall do some big bits that they can scoop out easily, then grate the rest!

Tonight is soup for the ch as it needs to be quick. I've taken out a small tub of bolognese from the freezer and I'll have that on a jacket spud.

I've a child free weekend, so thurs-sat dinners are just me (or me plus oh) so I'll be rooting through the freezer. I'll need to get a few things on Sunday - I've started writing the list which so far includes cheese, lard, lunchbox drinks, brioches, bread, milk, carrots, bananas, and a few other bits.

On another note, I'm really proud of myself. Usually, I have to have a hoard of everything in, otherwise I get itchy. However, this week I have run out of things because I purposely didn't buy them last week, and I've really enjoyed the feeling. This is a huge step for me, and I'm hoping that it marks the real start of getting rid of my ridiculous stockpiles. Go me!

Have a great day - mine WILL be a nsd!!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    New Lidl near me has given me a £5 off a £30 spend voucher so I will be going to visit tomorrow. I do need a few bits and bobs for the week ahead but have done a meal plan so hopefully will be able to keep it to a minimum.
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    First spend of July today £10, stocked up on broccoli spears and fish to last a couple of days, had some dental work, 2 extractions and 2 partial dentures, feels like I am chewing a lump of plastic, where I can chew, hope to be better by weekend.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • DaniS
    DaniS Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    £31.98 spent yesterday, but this did include nappies and wipes.

£49.97/£300.
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Spend of £7.63 today.
    OH needed milk, cheese and bread. Total for these the items £3.55.
    I got a bottle of diet lemonade then I found some really good reductions; tagine chickpeas x2, gluten free ice cream cones, cranberry pomegranate drink, baked beans, red grapes, spinach and two heads of broccoli. Total £4.08 for that including my lemonade.

£77.55/£155.
    £77.45 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Today was a nsd. I went to work and came home, so no chance to spend anything. Dinner went as planned, although I gave the ch a different brand of tomato soup tonight, and dd could tell (she has a very sensitive palette). It was branded, but cheaper than H. I told her we'd have to have the other three from the pack, then I won't get them again. Shame, but worth a try.

Oh has said he'd like to go ysing with me tomorrow evening. I haven't really seen him properly for the last few weeks, thanks to work, so I've said yes. I absolutely don't need anything, but that doesn't mean I won't buy anything!! I'll make sure it's only good, helpful stuff though.

I'm still at £2.83 so far - so pleased with that.

Have a good evening all,
    PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    I'm ditching the tuna patties plan for tonight in favour of defrosted lentil soup from the freezer for me, leftover taco meat sauce in jacket potatoes for the girls...not sure what Mr E's going to eat, since he doesn't like the former option and I don't think there's enough of the latter to go around. Might be a single portion of curry left in the fridge, or he could make himself an omelette. I'm thinking aloud because I usually do cook for everyone, but the leftovers won't stretch to more than a couple of people per, and I want to use things up.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    spends of £4 in sainsburys yesterday, used coupons/vouchers etc. x
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 6 July 2017 at 7:15AM
    Options
    See that? Right over there? That's where I fell off the wagon this week :o

Lots of heavy family stuff and work stress going on and tbh following my meal plan has been the least of my worries. Couldn't honestly say what I have spent and some of it was out of my personal money so wouldn't really count... still, I have been doing well up to now so won't beat myself up too badly.

Marked this one up as a loss, damage limitation for the rest of this week and will pick back up on Sunday. :cool:
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport