Argos - email address please for complaints

Comments

• Hey,

Try emailing terry.duddy@homeretailgroup.com if you have complaints about argos or homebase. I did and got a response from someone from head office within 2 hours!
  • I'm having grief from Argos Direct in relation to my son's new bed that was supposed to be delivered today (Feb 8th 2012) which an hour after the delivery slot was advised as being "not in stock"!!!!!

I've emailed [EMAIL="terry.duddy@homeretailgroup.com"]terry.duddy@homeretailgroup.com[/EMAIL] with a firm letter of complaint so it'll be interesting whether a response is given!

Wouldn't trust/use/recommend/walk past/spit on/wee on "Argos" or "Argos Direct" (or Homebase for that matter, being under the same parent company) again!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • atippett
    atippett Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Success!
    Within a few working hours an apologetic response was furnished from a member of staff within the Director’s office with an offer of gift vouchers, so at the time of writing that email address is active!

I think :money:would be proud! ;)
  • Gift voucher received with a letter of apology the day after my email - at least someone in Argos Direct knows how to treat their customers :)
  • qurious
    qurious Posts: 77 Forumite
    Sh*tstirrers of Wessex is a handy website for finding the e-mail details of CEOs of a load of different companies and contains other good advice as well.
  • Success!

After a two week long struggle calling Argos Customer Services and only receiving 2 out of my 3 part order I decided to email Terry Duddy, after seeing his email on here.

Thanks atipett...I emailed terry.duddy@homeretailgroup.com on Sunday 12th Feb 2012...I received my parcel next day and also a telephone call from a member of his staff (whoever, read my email) and I received a cheque for £24:99
  • Ordered some furniture at end of February from Argos. Two items arrived damaged. Rang their After Care department to arrange replacements. One arrived ok, the other again was damaged. Rang them again to arrange replacement but have had to wait until Saturday, 12 May to finally receive an undamaged piece of furniture. After numerous phone calls, and a four page letter I was still getting nowhere so looked on here to see if anyone had an email address. Wrote to Terry Duddy on Friday, within 15 minutes I had a phone call back. I spoke to them again today (14 May) and they are giving me a full refund for the item of furniture that was damaged!!!! RESULT!! And we get a free coffee table as well.

If anyone has any problems with Argos, dont muck about ringing Customer Services, go straight to the top and email Terry Duddy. It worked for me!!
  • atippett
    atippett Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Poor Terry et al, they certanly earn their salt!

You'd think by now he'd had enough of doing the job of customer services and sort the lot of 'em out :)
  • Had a super king size bed from them, and the entire centre load was on a thin half inch thick piece of wood! The inevitable happened.

I let them know immediately, and requested a Saturday collection. After 3 months they have finally offered me the only Saturday I am actually away!!

I have been sleeping on the floor for 3 months. Going to email now and see what happens!!
  • CriticalD
    CriticalD Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 28 May 2012 at 1:55PM
    I have always liked Argos but now I really lost all trust in their customer service...

I ordered a fish bowl from Argos 4 weeks ago with home delivery within 7 days. This item was in stock so it shouldn't have been an issue.
    I got an email confirmation of the order and was notified a day when I was supposed to get a call to organize the delivery.
    I never received a call so I was pro-active and called Argos myself.

A young man told me that the order had been processed and that the item "should" be delivered by the end of the week.
    I was fine with that but when the weekend came, I still had no fish bowl... And I was getting a fish in few days as a present.
    I called Argos again and woman there told me that I should give them a call back the following day (friday) if I didn't receive the item (by this day it had been 14 days- 10 working days from the order which was supposed to be delivered in 7 days).
    On Friday I call Argos and to my surprise the lady on the phone tells me that the order was never completely processed through their system, i.e. it was never sent to me, only the money was taken from my account.

So, I didnt have much choice but to cancel the order and find a fish bowl somewhere else (wasn't very easy by the way...).
    The woman on the phone confirmed to me that my order was cancelled and that the money should be on my account in few days.
    Fine, mistakes happen and I was ready to leave it, but decided to write an email to argos just to mention that they should double check their processes, I wasn't nasty or anything in the email, just wanted to let them know I was a bit unsatisfied.
    I was expecting the template answer back saying "sorry this happened ....etc etc." but instead I get a call from a MOBILE NUMBER from a lady with a bit of an attitude telling me that it was "Argos Direct's fault and not Argos and if I wanted to shout at someone I should shout at her".
    I was a bit baffled after receiving this call to say the least...

I emailed Argos back and notified them of this insane behavior from one of their employees and in the same email told them that I still hadn't received the refund (this is now nearly two weeks from when I cancelled the order).

On saturday I got a call from Argos (went to voicemail as I was out) saying that the order hasn't been cancelled and I should call Argos to arrange this.... SERIOUSLY!!!!!????
    I called Argos AGAIN today and cancelled the order again... lets hope this woman actually knows how to press Enter... *Fumes!*
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback