Rate tarts wanted for a case study

If you're a rate tart but have forgotten to move your balance in the past or you've been tarting for years and never missed a switch and would like to be featured in a case study can you send me an email at andrea@moneysavingexpert.com.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• johnllew
    johnllew Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    If you.... would like to be featured in a case study.
    By whom?
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Money Saving Expert
    OK we are launching the 'tart alert' next monday - between you and i (and this chat board) the idea is a little piece of free kit that means you say when your 0% card ends and 6 weeks before hand you get a text or email reminder telling you it is time to switch

Of course it's free and ad free.

We are going to be press releasing it and need a few good (and possibly not so good) tarts who may be willing to talk to newspapers as case studies.

Your help much appreciated

martin

By the way by tarts - i don't necessarily mean stoozers (those making free cash), just people who try and switch 0% cards regularly
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • If anyone's still interested let me know :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • ohit
    ohit Posts: 370
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm scared, what would it involve exactly? :)

I'm 18 so have only recently started rate tarting, but in terms of 0% cash outstanding (which is in savings), it currently stands at about £12k.
  • Andrea,

Thanks to the site, I bagged the Barclaycard 0% for life loophole, managed to Super transfer from Egg and an MBNA card, then get the 0% balance transfer for 18 months from Capital One.
    Once the MBNA 0% deal expired, they were still giving me an APR of 1.9%, which they have now extended twice. (They seem to be willing to extend this at the drop of a hat). I now owe credit cards ~£55000, and the only interest I’m paying is ~£20 a month to the MBNA card.

I honestly can’t remember all the transfers I’ve done, but there must have been an RBOS, Morgan Stanley, and an Alliance and Leicester, because I’ve cancelled these cards, looking to rejoin with Mint, and the other introductory offers.
  • My wife has just informed me I may not be such a great example. I applied for( and received) the Capital One 18 month 0 % deal, did a balance transfer from MBNA and EGG then smoozed, snoozed or whatever(SuperBalance Transfer to me ). Unfortunately, a transfer was due, (my egg account interest free runs out on 1st Jan). I applied to for a Llyods Advance card(12 months interest free for balance transfers), and was refused.
    Still, my wife has just received an invitation from Capital One to apply for a card (interest free for 9 months) so we will give that a try
  • udydudy
    udydudy Posts: 559
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Been a tart since a long time even in my home country albiet we dont have 0% interest rate there, but we get charged a annual fee on all cards. Never paid an annual fee except on my first card!!
    In UK hae been a tart ever since my first card!! and am helping a friend become one. she has got £20000 loans on cards and personal loan. Am helping switch the whole amount to credit cards on 0%. halfway through already!!.
    You got better tarts than me on this board but wouldnt mind being a sample if it helps you martin you got a good site going here!!.
    sorry for the long message
    :beer::beer::beer:
  • Dear Martin

There will be better tarts than me on this site but I'm happy to be a case study. Have £10K with MBNA. Started with Mint in Jan/Feb last year. Have just BTed the once.

As I have said, there are better tarts than me. I want to make sure that my credit rating stays intact.
  • Hi ,
    I've been a tart for about 2 years now ,and I am amazed with what I get away with.Free watches,mp3 player,discmans,cashback,free hotel rooms,cameras,rucksack ,etc,etc.At the moment I have several interest free c/cards with approx £80,000 worth of credit.
    Using this free credit with an ofset mortgage means I basically live mortgage free!
    When a promotion runs out ,I cancel the card.Re-apply a month later and get the same again and another free promotion gift.
    I feel like I am getting away with daylight robbery.
    To me this is what Martin's money tips is all about.
  • I've been moving my money for the last 2 years. I have even cancelled a loan, and moved this to 0% credit cards, thus saving hundreds of pounds in interest.

Let me know if you would like to carry out a case study.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure