* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening everyone, i just want to say SAMMY_KAYE i have been through exactly the same thing with my DS when he was 14 a large lump on his neck we had all the tests and biopsies in the end he had to have an op to cut it out, it was horrible waiting for the results but it was all good in the end so keep positive my lovely and hopefully it wont be anything nasty, sending you lots of hugs x

MSPAWZ i hope you feel better soon

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY fingers crossed for the hearing test

MURIE i hope you get over this attack very soon

Here is a photo of my latest Stag/Reindeer a very blingy one DD1 treated me too:

IMG_1391_zps423zrig7.jpg

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sammy fingers crossed for good news monday I know its going to be a worrying few days but try to think positive. Good timing on the rebate dh will be very happy come xmas

MrsI I hope dd has recovered from the phone call and they get it sorted now. They make things so difficult its no wonder a lot of people give up on claiming as they can't deal with the stress it causes

mspawz hope your well enough to enjoy your movie night. Doing nothing is surprisingly difficult but take it easy.

Murie hope your feeling better soon

gtq oh no that must have been more than a little shocking to hear (excuse the pun) hopefully its linked to the shingles and will settle

Peppa wow you've been busy they look great and I'm sure they will be much appreciated.

I'm struggling with my fibro at the mo so have had to ask if I can cut my hours a little as I'm just so exhausted :( I figured asking to do less on a weekly basis would be better than trying to carry on and end up having to take time off sick but I feel really bad about it and I'm a little worried that it might go against me when it comes to the end of my probationary period.
    I can't believe how cold its gotten the last few days taz actually asked to wear his big coat to school and I've had to get out the duvets and fleeces as I don't really want to put the heating on yet.

Tc all
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    freespirit love the stag
    you posted while I was trying to write out my post which takes me ages at the mo
    how's thumper doing?
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Love the stag free, it is stunning.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all, hugs to all that need them.

Free, that stag is beautiful!

Just about caught up, bought my nan a relaxwell heated throw (she's 80 and recently out of rehab/hospital for 6 weeks after a serious infection) as she's always cold. Struggling what to get my dad - my parents are emigrating in a few months permanently, so can't be anything bulky. He has enough alcohol to sink a battle ship, doesn't follow sports, doesn't do gadgets, and his hobbies have been done to death. He works 84 hours a week, so doesn't have time for much! He's not a foodie, very casual, has enough clothes to start his own shop and is an abject nightmare to buy for. Oh and he only wears Bulgari, which he has six bottles of unopened at the moment. Any ideas apart from money/ gift cards as they are so impersonal?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.
    Someone earlier was looking for cheaper chocolate coins Aldi have them in for 49p.

I am geting DH's voucher today he wants it for where i work so thats easy enough , DD's voucher arrived so all thats left now is DD's laptop at the end of Nov and to decide wether to get DH tickets for Cirque du soleille or the magazine subscription, and the dog whose pressies i have to leave in the car till christmas as he sniffs them out and whines constantly until you give in !

We had a lovely day out on Thursday at The Yorkshire wildlife park deffinately worth a visit, the baby meerkats and wallabys were so adorable.

I got a work capability form i have to fill in for DD's ESA thats next weeks joyous task.
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    Hi all, I haven't caught up yet but just wanted to pop in and say hi. DH has been away this week on a business trip so i've been busy looking after Wiggle and also trying to arrange removals and solicitors etc as we're getting the keys to our new house on Friday! So excited!! :T

I've also had a major boost to my Christmas shopping, I took a couple of hours out last weekend to go to our local retail park and made a real dent in the shopping list. I daren't say it but i'm currently on track to be finished before December - something I have never ever managed to achieve despite vowing to do so every year! The main bulk of my shopping list is now food gifts (chocs etc) and I want to wait until after we've moved to get those. That will just take one shopping trip to the supermarket so nothing too arduous. I always buy my mum a sudoko book as she loves doing it, but this year she has also really got into the adult colouring books so I thought i'd get her one of each. I went into The Range to get them and low and behold they had a book that was sudoko and colouring in one! And it was only £1! I cannot tell you how ridiculously excited I was to find this! :p I also had to muster the most self-control I have ever had to muster in there - they had aisles and aisles of lovely Christmas stuff - I actually said 'oh my God' to myself out loud as I got to the top of the escalator! I cannot tell you how hard I had to try not to buy the lot!

Anyway I think i'm waffling now, i'm going to go and try to catch up over the weekend but there's quite a few pages - I may be some time!
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning, hope we all have nice things to enjoy over the weekend.
    Sammy, l so hope that all goes right on Monday, such a worry for you all.
    Chrissy, l don't envy you your next weeks task , either, ESA forms are so onerous, have chocolate to hand or a hobnob while you do it.
    Mandco I'm sure the firm will understand and agree to the hours cut, after all it would be on your application form so they know about it already. My DSIL has fibro and when it flares it knocks her off her feet. hope yours is not that bad, and goes away quickly.
    GTQ l am thinking of you, shingles is bad enough on its own, so l hope the hearing problem is of a distinctly temporary nature.
    Princess Kitty, yaaay to getting your keys, no wonder you are excited.
    Free, l lurve that stag.
    Now, as if my previous post was a rant/moan/self indulgent whine, don't read on from here!
    My laptop is unfixable and my tablet too has expired today. lt is fully charged, l have done all the things but no, nada, nil,zilch, Why, oh why do they all break down together? Why oh why am l so technically inept? l blame my lefthandedness for lots of things but don't think its that this time.
    Rant over
    Now l need coffee ....... mrsl shambles off muttering about luddites
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    DomRavioli wrote: »
    Hi all, hugs to all that need them.

Free, that stag is beautiful!

Just about caught up, bought my nan a relaxwell heated throw (she's 80 and recently out of rehab/hospital for 6 weeks after a serious infection) as she's always cold. Struggling what to get my dad - my parents are emigrating in a few months permanently, so can't be anything bulky. He has enough alcohol to sink a battle ship, doesn't follow sports, doesn't do gadgets, and his hobbies have been done to death. He works 84 hours a week, so doesn't have time for much! He's not a foodie, very casual, has enough clothes to start his own shop and is an abject nightmare to buy for. Oh and he only wears Bulgari, which he has six bottles of unopened at the moment. Any ideas apart from money/ gift cards as they are so impersonal?
    Does dad need to learn a new language when they emigrate? If so, maybe a basic course to help fit in with the natives.:D Or maybe you can simply give him the most valuable thing at the moment, your time, to help pack, reminisce, help towards shipping costs if needed, I know that money is impersonal, but it could be a subliminal way of giving your blessing to the move.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure