IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

KNOCK KNOCK Mrs May, anyone at home ??? what are you doing about these CCJ's

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    keeping you in touch
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi,
    I am a journalist at the Daily Mail and have been writing this week about people who have unfairly had CCJs passed against them without being warned or having any chance to defend themselves.
    I spoke to David today about how this is happening to NHS patients and staff who park at hospitals.
    Please be in touch if this has happened to you and you are willing to speak to me about it in more detail for the Daily Mail.
    Thanks,
    Paul Bentley
    Daily Mail, Deputy Investigations Editor
    paul.bentley@dailymail.co.uk

Bumping the above for people to get in touch with that Journalist, as well as Theresa May by snail mail, personal, non-template letters of complaint should be winging their way to her, as well as to your own MP and to Sir Oliver Heald (see earlier in the thread).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    Keeping people in touch re the CCJ and Mrs May problem
  • beamerguy
    Don't forget to complain to Mrs May PM
  • I'm still collecting the patient's stories from Macclesfield Hospital. I have several dozen from the last 2 weeks.

I was surprised that The Board of the hospital seemed to distance themselves of the fact that their users have received CCJ's. (https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20160917/281565175226000)

I've just checked my audit trails of my e-mails, and can confirm that I have written to each and every member of the board on several occasions over the past six months, and have detailed the many problems experienced by the people they are meant to protect. Including the fact that they have been issued CCJ's.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    She appears to have more ears than mouths.
    Perhaps it's time to fill up her postbag with how POFA is been used to extort money from hard working hard pressed people via paper clamping with the help of DVLA who manufacture false consent to break the data protection act.
    The more horrible truth is that many of the companies who once fought for keeper liability and smiled like Cheshire Cat's when POFA was enacted are the very companies who have now dumped POFA because they simply can't comply with the conditions POFA imposed.

The DVLA continue to connive at the situation and granted the IPC ATA status when their original CoP was entirely designed to circumvent POFA - something the DVLA chooses to berates others for breaching.

There is a degree of hypocrisy abroad - as far as private parking is concerned - that beggars belief. Whether that is founded on an interest in money or on the ridiculously over-egged belief that the filthy hoi polloi need to be kept off our land don't you know. "Gerroff My lannnd" works well but issuing a PCN makes money - and they keep coming back.

The is an old Russian proverb - "Где говорят деньги, там молчит совесть" - "When money speaks the truth is silent".

As for the DM - "Thats a fine paper to wipe your **** with" - as my father was wont to say (in the days when the DM was still a broadsheet).
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    HO87 wrote: »
    The more horrible truth is that many of the companies who once fought for keeper liability and smiled like Cheshire Cat's when POFA was enacted are the very companies who have now dumped POFA because they simply can't comply with the conditions POFA imposed.

Knutsford's in Cheshire, just saying ;)
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    yotmon wrote: »
    Knutsford's in Cheshire, just saying ;)
    So is Macclesfield (referenced earlier in the thread). Leamington Spa isn't and nor is Leeds.

[rant]I see no difference between what BW Legal are doing now and what MIL have been doing for the last year - except BW Legal have a small figleaf in the shape of solicitors on their staff. The co-opting, one might say even hijacking, of the MCOL system by the likes of MIL and BWL could not be clearer illustration of the fact that MCOL has become the speculator's tool of choice.

It is whichever way you dress it legalised blackmail of the worst kind. For the investment of a mere £25 they get to threaten their victim - "Pay us £150 or we'll ruin your credit record". People are making a very large profit at this because they know that the vast majority will suck it up because it will cost far more than the money demanded to fight it. MIL's own documents show that they do not even ask for the evidence from the PPC's until a few weeks before the case is heard and so their issuing proceedings is based solely on the details of a PCN and nothing more.

This is plain and simple financial clamping.

As far as the real PPC story is concerned (as opposed to minor aspects of it) there isn't a single member of the media who has shown the least bit of interest in getting to grips with it in any detail. Such "interest" as there has been over the years is only ever another flash in the pan and nibbled around the edges. So pardon me, Mr Bentley, if I don't contribute to your "campaign"[/rant].
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Irrespective of opinions on a particular newspaper/part of the media, anything that keeps PPC land in the spotlight, regardless of how weak that light is is only a good thing.
    However The private parking industry is ripe for a full on investigation, from the DVLA right through to the BPA limited, to Wright hassle, to Galdstone,. Willaim Hurley, Patrick Troy and so on.
    And then theres the Corporates who hide behind the nothing to do with us, as so and so manage the car park for us, the likes of Sainsburrys, ASDA, Morisons, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl Waitrose, Co-op, Punch taverns, and so on.

Hey, Paul Bentley, Daily Mail, Deputy Investigations Editor
    :
    if you want to bash the Co-op ( or the Co-operative) and Private parking company's - or investigate some wrong doing look at the debacle that is/was the Co-op and Civil Enfocement limited (CEL) and if reports on the PP blog are to be understood they need a good bashing
    see here http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/cel-turn-up-to-court-50-cases-of.html
    and thats just the tip of the iceberg with the Co-op and PPCs
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • beamerguy
    As far as Government UK Ltd is concerned, how many departments do they need to rattle the cages of to find out why these mega scams continue

You can count on half a hand how many departments ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure