PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete

Options

Comments

• Tygermoth
    Tygermoth Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Lorelai, that's a great idea - a brick laying ceremony photo and certificate.

You seem a bit further on than the rest of us so you get to be the first one in, so you can tell us how the follow up is.
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • Haylescom
    Options
    Bt1 a drone would be a great idea!
    Tygermoth sounds like you've had a frustrating day, hope your MA gets things moving again. OH has had 4 staples in the back of his head, can't drive, use a computer, read or play on a phone! Can't go to work but can't do anything either so he's very bored. Also means my bruised foot isn't getting much sympathy!
    I need to get a Dropbox so I can show you my pictures. Got a feeling the builders will want us in before 29th but I want to use my school holidays to move.
  • Haylescom
    Options
    Here's my pictures, although not great quality:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6639vsrdmp59kwt/AABwxdL2mj11AGuGHt08Sd_ga?dl=0

Good news! The solicitor has found the passports. Turns out they were at the post office (I've checked and she's right). Begs the question why the originap solicitor told me she had them, why they haven't been delivered/collected and why the solicitor got this far in the process without our ID (money laundering, anyone)?
  • baxt3r
    baxt3r Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    hollypop wrote: »
    We've been back for our weekendly visit, and the garage/porch roof has now been put on & looks like the internal walls have gone up too as the house looks very dark inside!

The back acoustic fencing in the rear garden has also gone up (although garden looks small compared to the plan) but cant get close enough to see properly. This photo was taken through the site fencing (just have to be careful not to drop my phone!)

Last Week When I posted up: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qt05u10j505h26v/2016-02-14%2011.53.13.jpg?dl=0
    This Weekend visit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9avlyratisiy3g/2016-02-20%2014.40.07.jpg?dl=0

Already looking forward to next weekends visit! :j How's everyone else's visits come on?

Hollypop - I approve of your choice :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n4c9p2ud2suvbq/011d2669e2939836874b51305c1768f2b81ab7f27d.jpg?dl=0

Looks like we're at a similar stage of build as well. Ours is in Telford.
  • Tygermoth
    Options
    Wow guys, you have some big houses!

also a bit jealous as you all seem quite a bit further along than my one line of bricks
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • baxt3r
    Options
    Tygermoth wrote: »

also a bit jealous as you all seem quite a bit further along than my one line of bricks

You'll be amazed how quick it starts moving though. This was only around 4 weeks ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxmplzs24ymzx5a/image1.JPG?dl=0
  • bt1
    bt1 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tygermoth wrote: »

2 weeks ago mine was like yours, now the whole ground floor is up! :T

looking forward to seeing your update this weekend!! :)
  • Tygermoth
    Options
    I was like ' i will show you mine if you show me yours'

and i ended up haveing the smallest one...:rotfl:
  • baxt3r
    Options
    hollypop wrote: »
    How different does it look with the windows & garage door in! Are you're been painted? ours are going to be a sage green colour.

We loved the windsor house type, they don't have a show home in Wakefield, but they did in Leeds so we drove up to have a look (it was beautiful made of stone oh and £130,000 more!!) I loved the kitchen layout too.. which is why I'm so gutted that they have changed the layout for us.. so instead of a U shape with the sink under the window its now an L shape and the sink is against a wall :( but annoying but nothing we can do!

No ours is staying just brick. Some one the estate are rendered but mainly a white colour I think.

Ours is still the U shape with the sink under the window I believe. What reason have they given you for changing it?
  • hollypop
    Options
    baxt3r wrote: »
    Hollypop - I approve of your choice :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n4c9p2ud2suvbq/011d2669e2939836874b51305c1768f2b81ab7f27d.jpg?dl=0

Looks like we're at a similar stage of build as well. Ours is in Telford.

How different does it look with the windows & garage door in! Are you're been painted? ours are going to be a sage green colour.

We loved the windsor house type, they don't have a show home in Wakefield, but they did in Leeds so we drove up to have a look (it was beautiful made of stone oh and £130,000 more!!) I loved the kitchen layout too.. which is why I'm so gutted that they have changed the layout for us.. so instead of a U shape with the sink under the window its now an L shape and the sink is against a wall :( but annoying but nothing we can do!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure