First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fabulous news. Hooray. :beer::beer::beer: Onwards and upwards. :j
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    I've had a brilliant, if very expensive, day today.

KW and I took DD out to lunch to celebrate her birthday and my new job offer. We then went to Costco and bought a washing line (exciting eh?!) and some gorgeous mugs for the house!! We are all so excited about it!

I was going to stay over at KW's but the snow settling made me opt for going home. KW's road is notoriously slippery and the entrance to his house is up some stairs, so I didn't want to risk it, as I'm not very steady due to fear of falling and breaking something (not just being paranoid, have broken bones falling on stairs *shudder *)

I also got tickets for Early Doors when it is on tour in Birmingham. Kind of expensive....but I know I'll really enjoy it!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Fabulous. You deserve it. :beer: So glad you are escaping.:T
  • Kittikins
    Options
    NSD today and, apart from going out to the car to brush snow off it so I could then cover the windscreen, I didn't venture outside.

Snow is fine to look at but scary to walk in. Hoping for a snow day tomorrow as apparently it's heavy snow forecast around here and in school village. Could have done without some bright spark's daddy gritting school's driveway though! So 'helpful'..... ;)
  • Kittikins
    Options
    It WAS a snow day :) Well, more of an ice on the roads will make driving treacherous up the single track roads that lead to school village.

The witch is now being all friendly and wants me to have a fun and relaxing summer term - silly moo, surely every term should have elements of that?!?! Not just because she's got her own way and I'm off....

And the dreaded meeting with HR and my union has been cancelled. Proof that all she wanted was me gone. All of a sudden I'm not a failing teacher?!?!?

My latest observation feedback from her best buddy who watched me teach recently was so good, she said "she struggled to find anything that I could improve on". Part of me wishes we could have had the meeting with the union, so we could rip her arguments to shreds!

However, I shall be dignified(ish) and just start planning my new exciting move.

It's now under 15 weeks til we move and under 15 teaching weeks til the end of the school year. Scary and oh so exciting!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    So glad you are going. 15 weeks????? OMG. Hurrah. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • Kittikins
    Options
    I'll drink to that!
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Have been putting the odd 70p or so in the pot, trying to fatten it up for opening whenever. Undecided as to whether I'll wait til it's full or open it when we move and need to start spending money on furniture and the like.

Decisions, decisions.....such nice ones though!!

13 weeks and 5 days to go; KW has done loads of sorting out at his flat, books have gone to the chazzer, clothes to the rag bin. He's putting DD and I to shame....but I guess as we're only moving a few miles away and will hopefully keep our rooms here, our stress is much less!

I've still not received my formal job offer, but know it's on its way.....

I've done quite a bit of planning for next term, with a view to using it next year as well. As I know I'm staying in Years 3/4, it makes life simpler.

"Just" need to stop binging on rubbish food now :( Hangover from stress...not appreciated!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    It's great that you are keeping change. I can't believe you have been able to plan ahead. I'm miles behind and you do so much anyway. The contract will come. It's all falling into place.

Have a good day tomorrow......
  • Kittikins
    edited 30 March 2018 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Having a mixture of a spendy and earny day today -

Spends - some kitchen bits and LOTS of bamboo toothbrushes, as it's cheaper to buy packs of 12 than singly, and we're having different coloured bristles so we can tell them apart! Also, bought some supposedly wonderful socks to help with my (our - KW has a touch of it as well) plantar fasciitis! Don't get old.....

Earns - have sold some more books and used codes to get an extra 15%. Have cashed out P*necone survey earnings as well.

I've now received my formal offer from new school, phew!

13 weeks today til we move!

Brought back a load of documents that KW has scanned in for me and have been having fun making a shredding pile and a waste paper pile.

I've organised myself a bit as well

* have booked car in to the garage for a much needed headlamp spruce up, they are very cloudy and could fail the MOT I think!

* car also booked in for it's MOT the day after :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure