IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

KNOCK KNOCK Mrs May, anyone at home ??? what are you doing about these CCJ's

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As Vince Cable has returned, add him to your complaints list

Vince Cable MP
    vince.cable.mp@parliament.uk
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 2:46PM
    Options

Yes, especially if anyone here has a tale to tell about a private PCN...oh wait...we all do - even those who haven't had one themselves, have a friend who has been ripped off, or have read about a real eye-opener, just by being here.

Everyone reading this, please take time to write to your MP now. NOW. Please...

Tell them how you suffered and how this situation is worse than clamping was, as people are held to ransom for double or even triple the ''parking charge'', sometimes escalating from an already exorbitant £100, up to £300 for no reason whatsoever.

Being 'credit clamped' for six years for a private parking charge or getting a default CCJ for £300 sent to an old address deliberately after years of silence, and losing a house purchase over it, is far worse than being clamped then released for £75.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not that they completely ignore planning permission
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Ryandavis1959
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    Some action at last:

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Isn't this just legitimising the whole scheme though? I note it doesn't mention about banning DVLA selling data, about banning private parking firms from being able to issue charges. And also no mention of whether this will apply to Scotland (I assume it won't).

If it introduces a code of practice into legislation then private parking is here to stay!
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    It's here to stay anyway, and legislation is the only way to rein them in.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 2:47PM
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    Some action at last:

Good points.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Why should the DVLC be banned from selling data?

You would not believe how many scumbags use my private parking space to save a few quid on the multi story car park 30 yards away.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Why should the DVLC be banned from selling data?

You would not believe how many scumbags use my private parking space to save a few quid on the multi story car park 30 yards away.
    Have you considered a locking parking post?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Indeed We put one up but the tenants do not like it and leave it down.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure